With the Shiba Inu Metaverse touted for a partial release before the end of 2023 and the hotly anticipated Shibarium launch just around the corner, there’s never been a better time to be a Shiba Inu (SHIB) supporter.
SHIB: The Metaverse represents a significant milestone for the SHIB Army. It’s been over a year since Shytoshi Kusama first announced the development of the Shiba Inu community’s digital sandbox environment. Tantalizing sneak peeks have only fuelled the excitement, as Shiba Inu meme coin fans have eagerly awaited their new virtual home.
After a year of hints and theories circulating crypto news outlets, the Shiba Inu Metaverse is starting to take tangible shape. But what will Shiba Inu’s metaverse project look like? After diving into Shytoshi’s digital universe, what will we actually be able to do?
Table of Contents
What Is SHIB: The Metaverse?
SHIB: The Metaverse is a vibrant, living universe that expands the reach of the Shiba Inu ecosystem into the virtual world. Imagine an immersive digital space where you can explore, build, design, and play with your fellow Shiba Inu community members.
The Shiba Inu Metaverse is being meticulously crafted by Shiba Inu developers and entertainment industry veterans like Marcie Jastrow. To the delight of the SHIB Army, the team is confident that by the end of 2023, users will have the opportunity to explore some of the areas in this extraordinary digital environment.
A thriving virtual ecosystem, SHIB: The Metaverse features over 100,000 plots of land minted on the blockchain. As a landowner, you can generate passive income through plot rental and advertising and collect in-game resources. Plus, you’ll have your own personal virtual space to build and manage your projects.
If that isn’t enough, you’ll also have the creative freedom to generate your Shiba avatar. Through your Shiba Avatar’s eyes, you’ll experience the full spectrum that SHIB: The Metaverse offers.
At this point in time, Shiba Inu Metaverse land plots are NFTs that live on the Ethereum (ETH) blockchain. However, Shiba Inu developers will likely create a bridging tool to port these digital assets over to Shibarium after the conclusion of PuppyNet.
While this all sounds very exciting, it’s important to remember that the Shiba Inu Metaverse is an ongoing project, so not all areas will be fully completed upon release. Think of it like a city that’s continually growing and changing, offering new experiences and opportunities with every new update.
What Can I Do in the Shiba Inu Metaverse?
Think of any open-world online game you’ve ever played. Remember the scope and opportunity, giving you the freedom to blaze your trail and be the master of your fate. Well, the Shiba Inu Metaverse offers a similar experience. Here’s what you can expect:
- Explore – Shib: The Metaverse is a vast digital universe, and exploration is at the heart of the experience. You can lose yourself in a variety of different areas, each with its unique charm. From the tranquil Rocket Pond to the vibrant Ryoshi Plaza, there’s plenty out there to discover.
- Build – Got a creative streak? The Metaverse is your canvas. With over 100,000 unique plots of land available, you can design your buildings and create and upgrade your spaces.
- Play – The Shiba Inu Metaverse is a gamer’s paradise. You can participate in games created by SHIB Army members or even use the Game Builder to create your own.
- Earn – Like the real world, the Shiba Inu Metaverse isn’t just about games. Some users see it as a source of revenue generation, with landowners earning cryptocurrency income through the metaverse economy.
- Socialize – Don’t forget, SHIB: The Metaverse is a community space. You’ll be able to interact with other users, visit your friend’s land plots, and even collaborate on projects together. It’s a great way to meet like-minded individuals from the Shiba Inu community in a more stimulating environment than social media or Telegram.
Different Areas in SHIB: The Metaverse
I’ll cut to the chase. The Shiba Inu Metaverse is massive. With 100,595 plots of land, there’s plenty of room for everyone, but it’s important to know that, like real estate in the real world, Metaverse Land is not all created equal.
Land plots are tiered off based on location and rarity, with different mint prices for each tier. Because this is Shiba Inu, and the SHIB Army loves a canine theme, these are how the tiers shape up:
- Silver Fur -17,030 plots at 0.2 ETH.
- Gold Tail – 7,356 plots at 0.3 ETH.
- Platinum Paw – 5,714 plots at 0.5 ETH.
- Diamond Teeth – 2,024 plots at 1 ETH.
- Hubs – 4,307 plots (Not for sale, but can be leased).
The Shiba Inu Metaverse Map is split into four districts, Growth, Defense, Cryptocurrency, and Technology. The exact utility of these different areas is yet to be confirmed.
Finally, we come to the hubs. These areas are the central activity areas within the Shiba Inu Metaverse. They’ve been meticulously designed to reflect the iconic style and history of the Shiba Inu ecosystem and may also provide access to future Shibarium DeFi apps, like ShibaSwap.
Most of these hubs are still in the conception stage, but official Shiba Inu blog posts have given us a glimpse into what we can expect from the first few areas.
According to the team, the Rocket Pond is a place where the thrill of exploration meets the serenity of nature. An abandoned fallen spacecraft provides plenty of mystery and begs to be explored by brave young Shibas.
In the Rocket Pond, players will kayak through rapid waters, enjoy mesmerizing sunsets from hot air balloons, sip cocktails at a virtual lakeside bar, camp in the mountains with other players, and explore the mysterious fog-filled crater. Ironically, the Rocket Pond is a virtual environment for outdoorsy Shiba Avatars.
If wandering the great outdoors like a scout camper isn’t your idea of a good time, the WAGMI Temple might be a better fit. In a perfect digital utopia, the frenetic pace of the virtual world gives way to a Zen-like calm.
The Shiba Inu team wants the WAGMI Temple to serve as a kind of architectural marvel, drawing inspiration from iconic temples worldwide. In theory, it’s a place where ancient traditions and modern marvels converge in perfect harmony. Of course, this is crypto, so who knows if these ideals will be respected.
At the center of SHIB: The Metaverse is the Ryoshi Plaza. Named after Shiba Inu’s mystical founder, Ryoshi Plaza is the beating heart of the Shiba Inu Metaverse.
Ryoshi Plaza is a tribute to the vibrant essence of Japan’s bygone era. You can immerse yourself in the rich history of the plaza, participate in cultural events, or sit back and enjoy the beauty of the surroundings.
How Do I Access the Shiba Inu Metaverse?
If you’re eager to explore SHIB: The Metaverse but you’re worried about not having enough SHIB tokens or NFTs, fear not. The Shiba Inu Metaverse will be open to everyone.
On the other hand, Shiboshi NFT holders will finally get some benefit and utility from their pixelated puppies. These devout Shiba Inu supporters will have exclusive access to the Shiboshi Zone, a designated area for Shiboshi holders.
Pros and Cons of SHIB: The Metaverse
The Shiba Inu Metaverse is fascinating, but not without its faults. Let’s review some of the pros and cons of this exciting new world.
- Community Engagement – SHIB: The Metaverse provides a unique and specific environment for the SHIB Army to engage and develop its digital universe.
- Fun, creative environment – The Shiba Inu Metaverse is a hotbed of creativity where users can craft unique, personalized spaces and create engaging games for their friends.
- The Metaverse economy – SHIB: The Metaverse offers a range of economic opportunities, with players having the power to earn through collecting resources or renting out land.
- Ongoing development – The Shiba Inu Metaverse is a continuously evolving space. New features, areas, and opportunities are regularly added, ensuring that the virtual world continues to surprise us.
- Technical onboarding – In theory, SHIB: The Metaverse is designed to be user-friendly. That doesn’t mean newcomers won’t have a hard time getting to grips with how blockchain-based applications work.
- SHIB Coin Reliance – It should come as no surprise, but if the value of SHIB tokens collapses, the sentiment and activity within the Metaverse will likely be negatively affected.
- Security risks – As with any platform that involves digital assets, there’s always a risk of security breaches. New scams that are harder to recognize amongst the excitement of a new environment will also emerge.
- Ongoing Development – The double-edged sword! Some areas of the Metaverse will not be fully developed or accessible at launch, which may frustrate some users.
On the Flipside
- It’s important to remember that a community meme coin powers Shiba Inu and its entire ecosystem. Everyone involved in the Shiba Inu Metaverse is already well aware of the risks associated. Otherwise, they would’ve stuck to classic crypto assets like Bitcoin (BTC).
Why This Matters
SHIB: The Metaverse is one of the most anticipated Metaverse projects in the entire crypto market. If you’re interested in one of blockchain’s most hotly-discussed applications, keeping up to date on Shiba Inu Metaverse developments is an excellent indicator of the general metaverse market.
After it’s launched, you can access the Shiba Inu Metaverse from within your internet browser using a crypto wallet extension like MetaMask.
At DailyCoin, we don’t give investment advice. Instead, we provide facts and information that help you make informed decisions.
While technically not impossible, it is extremely unlikely that Shiba Inu will reach $1 USD. If SHIB were to reach $1, it would have a market cap hundreds of times larger than the entire crypto market.