- A teaser on Twitter depicts Cristiano Ronaldo being challenged with a polygraph.
- The upgraded Forever CR7 NFT collection celebrates the 838 goals of Ronaldo.
- The NFT collection is accompanied by physical perks depending on rarity.
Crypto giant Binance decided to give the legendary soccer player Cristiano Ronaldo a lie-detector test and answer a couple of hard questions. This was revealed on Sunday when the iconic forward uploaded a 19-second teaser of him answering a dramatic question about his pro athlete career.
In the short video clip, a spokesperson for Binance asks: “Would you trade all of your Champions League medals for a World Cup trophy?” The video teaser serves as a prelude to the latest developments in Cristiano Ronaldo’s NFT collection. Dubbed CR7 NFT, these non-fungible tokens (NFTs) are evolving and come with interactive traits that include these physical benefits:
- One-to-one soccer training session with Ronaldo
- Free tickets to Binance Blockchain Week in Istanbul, Turkey
- Meet and greets, football t-shirts signed by Ronaldo
The Evolution of Binance’s CR7 NFT Collection
The landmark NFT collection celebrating the career of the top scorer of all time launched in November 2022. The collection is tiered into four levels – the Normal and Rare NFTs were priced at $10 – $30 each, enabling soccer and blockchain fans to own a piece of history. While these NFT boxes contained impeccable goals by Ronaldo, including The Bullet Header and the Minute Milestone, normal and rare NFTs do not offer physical benefits.
The higher price range tokens include real-life benefits and a thank you message from the legend himself. Soccer fans are trying to get their hands on Super Super Rare (SSR) NFTs, representing the highest rarity, as only seven were minted. CR7 NFTs portray goal 649, known as the Bicycle Kick, labeled by Ronaldo as the best goal ever.
On The Flipside
- The availability of top rarity NFTs with an included one-on-one training session, such as SSR-classified ‘Bicycle Kick,’ is scarce since live auctions have ended.
- To illustrate, the Binance NFT marketplace indicates only one NFT available for a ‘Buy Now’ Price of $66,666 USDT, while the original bidding price was $15,000.
Why This Matters
Such celebrity-backed NFT collections present a unique use case, where NFTs can be tickets to exclusive real-life events.
Explore DailyCoin’s top trending crypto news: