- XRP was labeled not a security last week – a major win in the SEC case.
- Two days ago, Mr. Gasparino unknowingly promoted a fake XRP airdrop.
- FOX Senior Correspondent Gasparino lashes out at the XRP Army on Twitter.
Charles Gasparino, the FOX News journalist recently calling out Ripple on ties to the altcoin XRP, strikes again. This time, he has lashed out at the XRP community, popularly known as the XRP Army.
In further detail, Mr. Gasparino made the prediction that XRP holders “will still be living with mom” once it hits 90 cents. Ending his attack against the crypto community with a trademark “Sad ha!,” the journalist became the laughing stock of Crypto Twitter.
To illustrate, crypto trader Crypto Wendy replied: “So what? It’s smart to stay home as long as you can and save so you can upgrade moms house and get your own.” Aquarius Angel stated, “You sound bitter and jealous,” while Mr. Diamond Fist made a rather bold suggestion: “Save this tweet. Sooner or later it’s going right up his ass.”
XRP Army In High Spirits After Legal Breakthrough
On July 13th, 2023, the court ruled that XRP doesn’t qualify as a security per the Howey test standards. Ripple, the company that released XRP tokens, consequently hasn’t violated federal securities law by publicly selling the altcoin. Meanwhile, counterfeit XRP airdrops have intensified; Gasparino contributed 639,000 views to the bad actors.
Naturally, the game-changing decision by the court has altered the market sentiment not only for XRP but other PoS-based altcoins like Solana (SOL), Polygon (MATIC), and Cardano (ADA). Indeed, $XRP has become the fourth largest cryptocurrency, outpacing Binance Coin (BNB).
On the Flipside
- The favorable decision is likely to be appealed by SEC Chair Gary Gensler.
- Mr. Gasparino accuses XRP Army of cyberbullying other crypto communities.
- However, these Gasparino’s conclusions are once again based on rumors.
Why This Matters
The historical lawsuit ruling is crucial for the future of cryptocurrency regulation.
Explore DailyCoin’s top crypto news: