- $138.53 million worth of the PoS altcoin SOL is kept in cold storage by FTX.
- FTX’s new management started moving around $SOL during the weekend.
- Solana founder Anatoly Yakovenko proposes a ‘win-win’ solution on Twitter.
Based on recent blockchain movements, fallen crypto exchange’s FTX new staff could be looking at dumping their massive $7 million Solana (SOL) bag. Indeed, blockchain records show that the new management of FTX has already transferred $5.5M of SOL through a wormhole to the rival PoS blockchain Ethereum (ETH).
On top of that, the bankrupt company holds another 7M SOL, currently worth $138.53 million. This crypto is kept in cold storage devices. According to earlier statements by Solana Labs and the Solana Foundation, 58,086,686 of SOL was sold to FTX and Alameda Research, worth $1.1 billion.
Solana Founder Suggests FTX-Captivated SOL Airdrop
While the messy books of FTX wouldn’t disclose how much of $SOL FTX still had during the collapse, the fate of FTX’s Solana is the talk of the crypto town as more blockchain records get leaked on Crypto Twitter. Solana’s co-founder Anatoly Yakovenko chipped into the conversation by suggesting that the $138.53 million worth of SOL tokens should be distributed among FTX customers in a direct way rather than by legal procedures.
“Probably the least worse outcome for everyone,” utters Toly Yokovenko. Solana’s co-founder named the long-term advantages of supporting the blockchain network with the 7M SOL, dished out evenly to 5 million FTX platform users. Moreover, the Ukrainian cryptocurrency entrepreneur highlighted that users need to get control of their FTX shares and sell them in a Dutch auction if they wish.
On the Flipside
- Despite the bearish scenario, #10 ranked Solana (SOL) rebounded by 2.2% to $19.92 today but couldn’t reach the $20 major support levels.
- The new management of FTX hasn’t either affirmed or declined plans to sell their Solana cold storage crypto holdings – FTX didn’t respond for comment to DailyCoin yet.
Why This Matters
Solana is the 10th largest cryptocurrency and one of the leading Proof of Stake (PoS) blockchains with a global market capitalization of $8 billion.
Read DailyCoin’s top crypto news: