- The XRP community has been restless due to Ripple’s languishing price and lack of clear action.
- Holders have lost faith, sold off, and questioned Ripple’s priorities, fearing further decline.
- There has been a perception that Ripple has prioritized internal goals over retail investor interests.
Disquiet swirls within the XRP community as the cryptocurrency’s price languishes far below its previous heights. Frustration mounts over the extended underperformance, prompting calls for action from Ripple, the company behind the token.
XRP Struggles After SEC Lawsuit
Once a shining star, XRP held a top spot among the best-performing cryptocurrencies, chasing the likes of Bitcoin and Ethereum. But since 2019, it’s grappled with a steady decline in price and trading volume. The situation worsened after the US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) filed a lawsuit against Ripple.
Even after a partial legal victory against the SEC and unwavering support from its dedicated community, XRP has yet to stage a significant comeback. Today, its price is $0.52, starkly contrasting its all-time high of $3.84 in January 2018.
This persistent slump has not gone unnoticed. Many community members have voiced their concerns, urging Ripple’s leadership, CEO Brad Garlinghouse, and CTO David Schwartz to take decisive steps to boost XRP’s value. There has been a growing restlessness and disappointment within the community.
XRP Holders in Distress
The discontent doesn’t stop there. Some are losing faith, choosing to sell their XRP holdings or forego further investment. One member even disclosed selling 75% of their XRP and planning to exit the market altogether. The fear of a declining volume, potentially triggered by continued drops, has also deterred others from buying in.
Adding to the simmering discontent is the perception that Ripple has not adequately addressed the community’s concerns. Some feel the company prioritizes internal developments and strategic objectives over the interests of retail investors.
On the Flipside
- While the article highlights community frustrations, many still believe in the technology’s long-term potential and its use case in cross-border payments.
- Focusing solely on price fluctuations misses the bigger picture. Ripple’s continued development of the underlying technology and partnerships with financial institutions could drive long-term adoption regardless of short-term price movements.
Why This Matters
XRP’s struggles post-SEC lawsuit raises critical questions about community trust, leadership effectiveness, and the long-term viability of the token.
If you’re interested in learning more about the recent confusion surrounding the XRP hack analysis, read here:
Ripple CTO Clarifies “Internal Link” in XRP Hack Analysis
Wondering how the Ripple vs. SEC lawsuit might play out? Our latest article explores the potential impact of a recent court order:
Ripple vs. SEC: Could an Appeal Push the Lawsuit Into 2026?