- Sam Altman’s long-awaited Worldcoin project launches officially.
- WLD token gains massively following its launch.
- Global exchanges lined up to list the OpenAI founder’s new coin.
OpenAI CEO Sam Altman’s Worldcoin project has officially launched the WLD token on Optimism Mainnet. The announcement comes after three years of intense crypto market gyrations that saw the sudden collapse of some of the project’s original backers, including Three Arrows Capital and FTX’s Sam Bankman-Fried.
WLD made headlines immediately as it gained in price across popular crypto exchange platforms.
Soaring 20% in Under 15 Minutes
On-chain data from CoinGecko reveals that, since launching at a value of $1.67 per coin on July 24, 2023, at 10:20:27 GMT, the WLD token gained an impressive 20% to reach a high of $2.79 within just 15 minutes.
The token is up 50% over the last 24 hours, recording an all-time high price of $3.30 before stabilizing at around $2.55 as of this writing.
As WLD hit the shelves, ByBit was among the first crypto exchanges to begin trading the token, revealing the listing two hours ahead of Binance’s official launch.
Worldcoin beta users receiving WLD tokens can also deposit on Binance, Huobi, Gate, and OKX. Huobi and Gate offer WLD/USDT trading pairs, while Binance offers WLD/BTC.
On the Flipside
- It’s worth noting that the WLD token has experienced an all-time low of $1.6 and an all-time high of $3.3, all in under 24 hours – the underlying market dynamic is highly unpredictable.
- The token just launched; current gains notwithstanding, the future value outlook depends on various factors, including market volatility and the project’s resilience.
Why This Matters
The Worldcoin project aims to create a decentralized global identity system, ultimately creating a financial system that is inclusive for all under one global currency.