- Solana sees almost 150% price increase in 30 days, trading above $50.
- Solana surpasses Ethereum in daily active users by 10%.
- Progress in Solana’s upgrades influences market confidence and user activity.
Solana (SOL) has recently made headlines with its noteworthy performance. As a major player in the altcoin market, Solana’s movements have significant implications for the industry. Its recent surge in price and user activity, particularly overtaking Ethereum in daily active users, has attracted the attention of investors.
Solana’s Remarkable Rise: A Detailed Look
Since early October, Solana has been leading the altcoin rally with consistent gains. On Tuesday, November 14, SOL’s price skyrocketed by almost 150% over a 30-day timeframe, leading the latest crypto rally.
The latest surge saw Solana trade above $50 for the first time in 18 months. Currently, Solana is trading at $54.48. However, it’s not just investors that have seen renewed confidence in Solana; users are coming back too.
On November 11, Solana’s daily active users reached an impressive milestone, overtaking Ethereum mainnet users by 10%. This surge in user activity, from around 200,000 in September to over 356,000, underscores Solana’s growing relevance in the crypto ecosystem.
Solana’s Ecosystem Growth and Market Impact
These developments are partly attributed to Solana’s ongoing upgrades and a broader market rally. The recent progress towards the network’s Firedancer upgrade and the easing of concerns regarding the FTX bankruptcy estate’s potential impact on SOL’s market have played a crucial role.
Additionally, the broader cryptocurrency market has shown signs of recovery, with Solana outperforming many rival digital assets.
Solana’s ecosystem is experiencing significant growth across various sectors. The network’s total value locked in DeFi protocols, a key indicator of ecosystem health and utility, has seen a 62% increase, according to DeFiLlama.
On the Flipside
- While Solana’s progress is impressive, it’s essential to recognize Ethereum’s position. For one, Ethereum has a strong Layer 2 ecosystem. These networks, designed to enhance transaction speed and reduce costs, have attracted over 800,000 users across the top seven networks, overshadowing Solana.
- Furthermore, Ethereum’s broader ecosystem, including Layer 2 solutions, drives about 60 transactions per second, accounting for a significant portion of the blockchain activity.
Why This Matters
Solana’s emergence as a formidable contender represents the broader blockchain innovation trend.
Read more about Solana:
Solana (SOL): The Fastest Layer One Blockchain
Read more about JP Morgan’s stance on Bitcoin ETFs:
JP Morgan Questions Bitcoin Spot ETF Market Excitement