- Ripple has partnered with Great Ormond Street Hospital Children’s Charity to provide resources and aid to children with cancer and their families.
- The partnership has commenced with the TCS London Marathon, where Ripple Labs has sponsored a room for GOSH runners to rest in after the race.
- Through this partnership with GOSH, Ripple has showcased how blockchain technology can be used for important social causes beyond financial applications.
As blockchain technology continues to revolutionize industries, we are witnessing its potential for positively impacting society beyond just finance. In a world where corporate social responsibility is gaining more importance, companies are leveraging their resources to make a difference in the lives of those in need.
Ripple Making a Positive Impact
Ripple, one of the most prominent blockchain companies in the industry, has officially become the primary partner for the UK non-profit Great Ormond Street Hospital Children Charity (GOSH Charity). Ripple’s managing director for the UK and Europe, Sendi Young, announced this partnership on Twitter.
Ripple will work alongside GOSH to provide resources and aid to children under cancer care and their families. The partnership will last two years, starting with the TCS London Marathon this year. The marathon will take place on April 23rd, and GOSH is the official ‘Charity of the Year’ for the event, with 1,000 runners taking part to raise millions of pounds for the cause.
Ripple Labs will sponsor a room for GOSH runners to relax after the race, providing a space to rest following a 26-mile track to raise funds for the charity. This partnership showcases how blockchain technology can be used for vital aid and support. Ripple’s contribution will undoubtedly significantly impact the lives of those affected by cancer.
While blockchain technology is often associated with decentralized finance, this partnership highlights the magnitude of ways it can help the world. It’s heartening to see companies like Ripple stepping up and using their resources to contribute to such an important cause. We can all take inspiration from their example and consider ways to contribute to causes that matter to us.
On the Flipside
- While Ripple’s partnership and support for GOSH are commendable, addressing the root causes of childhood cancer will require broader systemic changes and investments in healthcare infrastructure and research.
- As a for-profit company currently embroiled in a lawsuit with the SEC, Ripple’s contribution may be driven by a desire to improve public perception and sway opinions in their legal case
Why You Should Care
This partnership between Ripple and GOSH Charity highlights the potential for blockchain technology to be used for important social causes beyond just financial applications. It shows how companies can use their resources to impact the lives of those in need.
To learn more about Ripple’s take on the South Korean policy guidelines and how they could impact the adoption of blockchain technology, check out this article:
Ripple Talks South Korean Policy Guidelines in Press Release
In the wake of the SEC lawsuit against Ripple, the company has gained support from Messari’s CEO. Read more about it here:
Ripple Receives Support from Messari CEO During SEC Lawsuit