- Gemini posts multiple XRP-related cryptic messages.
- Speculation and rumors result from Gemini’s mysterious tweets.
- Some of the messages featured deliberate misspellings incorporating “x.”
Cryptocurrency markets are often rife with speculation and rumors, with even the slightest unverified hint capable of moving markets. The New York-based Gemini exchange is the latest firm to set tongues wagging with a flurry of cryptic XRP-related tweets, hinting at something big down the line.
Gemini Hints at XRP-Related News
Gemini stirred up the XRP rumor mill by posting four related tweets quickly. First came a simple “Don’t forget about XRP” post, sparking initial curiosity. This was followed hours later by a pair of tweets that replaced conventional spelling with “x’s” in “xcited about XRP,” then “xrriving shortly.”
Taking things up a notch, Gemini’s latest tweet in the series asked readers to solve a riddle that heavily hinted at Ripple’s native token as the answer. The exchange signed off, leaving readers to stew in the speculation, promising to reveal the answer in 24 hours.
Gemini’s XRP-related tweets gave little away but still managed to stir the community into a frenzy of speculation about what could be in store.
The Rumor Mill
With little given away, the rumor mill is awash with wild speculation on what Gemini has in store for XRP. Hot on the heels of the Bitcoin ETF approval, some XRP holders theorize that the exchange is involved with bringing an XRP ETF to market. However, FOX correspondent Charles Gasparino recently posted that BlackRock has no plans to launch a spot XRP ETF, dulling this rumor.
During a recent podcast, Ripple president Monica Long outlined the company’s focus for 2024. Long spoke of developing a one-stop shop that caters to businesses’ entire cryptocurrency needs under one roof, much like Amazon’s AWS platform, which offers the full remit of cloud computing services.
“We have the longer-term vision of being that enterprise infrastructure provider, building in such a way that we’re able to offer things like on and off ramp in crypto, liquidity, custody, compliance all these feature sets together,” commented Long.
On the Flipside
- Gemini recently acquired a French virtual asset service provider license, hinting at European expansion.
- The New York Attorney General sued Gemini, Genesis, and the Digital Currency Group over “defrauding investors” via the Gemini Earn program.
- The SEC vs Ripple lawsuit took a twist recently as the agency filed a motion to compel the production of financial statements and XRP sales data.
- Gemini reinstated spot XRP trading in August 2023 following the ruling by Judge Torres that XRP sales on the secondary market do not constitute security sales.
Why This Matters
Gemini’s coy XRP hints exemplify crypto’s tendency for sensational rumors and underline XRP’s lingering brand appeal. While the tweets lacked clarity, the lively response and speculation reveal strong community support despite the ongoing legal troubles at both Gemini and Ripple.
Discover more about the NYAG’s lawsuit against Gemini over its Earn program here:
New York AG Sues Gemini, Genesis, DCG for Defrauding Investors
Read about the mystery of Sam Trabucco’s disappearance here:
FTX Community Ponders Sam Trabucco’s Disappearance