- Emerging memecoin PEPE is the top gainer of the day, inking 28%.
- Crypto Twitter is enraged over CMC’s move and calls for a boycott.
- Pepe’s global market cap is now at $846M, surpassing veteran alts.
This might concern many old-time investors, as popular altcoins like Terra Luna Classic (LUNC) and Chiliz (CHZ) now have a smaller market capitalization than the three-week-old memecoin.
In comparison, the battle-scarred Terra Luna Classic (LUNC), which also has a vast community, currently stands at $610M. On the other hand, the struggling sports-focused blockchain Chiliz (CHZ) is at $692M, making it hard to trail PEPE.
Next up above are two cryptocurrencies behind the most popular blockchain games – Axie Infinity (AXS) and Decentraland (MANA). These gaming coins have a market capitalization of $880M and $977M, respectively.
Ultimately, If the erupting memecoin Pepe continues to grow at such a pace, the frog-themed coin can break the record as the first memecoin to reach a $1 billion market cap in less than a month since launch.
Binance to List PEPE in the Innovation Zone
The vast army of PEPE fans has much to rejoice about today, as Binance announced its almost immediate listing in the Innovation Zone. According to the official statement, the spot trading pairs are as follows:
Spot trading should kick off at 2023-05-05 16:00 (UTC), but Binance users can make deposits in PEPE before the Spot Trading launch. Besides, $PEPE will be added to Binance’s Isolated Margin trading two days from now.
On The Flipside
- The warning labels by CoinMarketCap earlier today suggest that insiders could buy 7% of the total supply minutes after launch.
- The PEPE developer team refrained from commenting on the observations by CMC.
Why You Should Care
PEPE has been the most talked-about cryptocurrency in the last two weeks. $PEPE is constantly trending on Twitter and has a rapidly growing community.
Delve into the latest cryptocurrency news: