- Uniswap launched an NFT marketplace aggregator. It claims it will provide gas savings, better price discovery, safer smart contracts, and faster indexing, among other benefits.
- The aggregator supports OpenSea, X2Y2, LooksRare, and other popular NFT marketplaces.
- Uniswap claims its aggregator saves up to 15% in gas fees through its Universal Router contract, which allows swapping multiple tokens and NFTs in one go.
- Uniswap is also airdropping $5 million to early users of Genie, another NFT marketplace aggregator that it acquired in June.
- Uniswap announced a gas rebase promotion to attract new users to its aggregator.
The largest decentralized exchange Uniswap (UNI) has announced the launch of its NFT marketplace aggregator. It aims to provide gas savings, better price discovery, safer smart contracts, and faster indexing.
Uniswap said in a blog post on Wednesday that its aggregator combines multiple NFT marketplaces in one interface. These include OpenSea, X2Y2, LooksRare, Sudoswap, Larva Labs, Foundation, NFT20, and NFTX.
“NFTs and ERC-20 tokens have largely existed as two separate ecosystems within crypto, but both are essential to growing the digital economy. Launching NFTs on Uniswap is our first step in building more interoperable experiences between the two,” said Uniswap.
The team behind the protocol claimed that the new aggregator saves users up to 15% in gas fees. This is achieved through Uniswap’s new Universal Router contract, which allows swapping multiple tokens and NFTs in one swap.
Uniswap also said it’s airdropping $5 million in USDC to longtime users of Genie, an NFT aggregator the company acquired in June. Based on the snapshot that was taken on April 15, 2022, Uniswap will airdrop $300 to wallets that completed more than one transaction before the snapshot. They will additionally airdrop $1,000 to those wallets that held the Genie: Genesis NFT as of the snapshot. The airdrop is claimable for the next 12 months.
Together with the airdrop, Uniswap also announced a gas rebase promotion to attract new users. The first 22,000 wallets to buy an NFT through the aggregator before December 14 will qualify for a rebate on the first transaction. The rebate will be claimable for the next 12 months, starting on January 16.
On the Flipside
- Uniswap has entered the NFT market at a time when interest in NFTs has become minuscule compared to what it was last year.
Why You Should Care
Uniswap is the largest decentralized exchange. With its entry into the NFT world, the exchange is showing its belief in the success of the market and also the underlying technology.