- The popular concert ticket platform Ticketmaster is testing out NFT passes.
- The heavy metal band Avenged Sevenfold will be the first to reward fans.
- The Ticketmaster NFT widget is compatible with Ethereum-based tokens.
Hollywood-headquartered ticket service provider Ticketmaster dives into blockchain innovation through a new NFT widget. The token-gated sales will help artists and bands connect with their most loyal fans and give them the priority to book desired seats or gain access to private events and exclusive drops.
Avenged Sevenfold (A7X) – First in Line to Reward Fans
The NFT feature by Ticketmaster was requested by the popular heavy metal band Avenged Sevenfold (A7X), which has already released an exclusive NFT collection that allows fans to use NFTs as digital membership cards.
The band’s Deathbats Club NFTs, which go for around $300 on secondary markets, include the copyright to the picture. The lead singer M. Shadows posted a message on Twitter, encouraging fans to unleash their creativity and use the acquired NFTs any way they want. All of the perks can be accessed on Avenged Sevenfold’s official website.
Customers Outraged About Additional Fees
The new tech-savvy feature by Ticketmaster could also be an attempt to save face. Many people on Twitter are simply outraged with the extra fees the service imposes, which often double the ticket’s original price. For example, one music fan who goes by the name Zack described his experience of buying two tickets to a Drake concert. He initially thought he added two more tickets by accident, only to figure out that there was a $263 fee for a $272 ticket.
This is known as the “because we can” fee on Twitter. Ticketmaster is constantly mocked through memes for the same reason – “It’s a strong arm robbery,” responded another music fan. Movie and entertainment journalist Todd Spencer pointed out that The Simpsons predicted the greediness back in 1996.
On The Flipside
- Crypto Twitter is divided on the news. Many crypto enthusiasts believe that the move by Ticketmaster runs counter to the decentralized spirit of blockchain.
- According to this decentralized ethos, artists should control monetization rather than big corporations.
Why You Should Care
Major bands connecting their fanbase via blockchain technology is crucial for quicker crypto adoption.
Delve into the latest crypto action: