- Welly’s Restaurant celebrates its first anniversary.
- The layout of a new restaurant in Reggio Emilia is revealed.
- Welly NFT drops in volume, selling 4 for 0.17 ETH each.
SHIB Token, the official team behind Shiba Inu (SHIB), launched a community-driven initiative last year in the form of Welly’s, a fast food chain that first opened in Naples, Italy. The establishment offers juicy burger lovers a space to communicate and share ideas in real life.
The gateway to the Welly community revolves around Welly NFT, a collection of cartoon dogs dressed for a sunny holiday, reminding the audience to eat well and stay positive, as the OpenSea description reads: “Become a part of the Welly community, where wellness comes first.”
The floor price for Welly’s NFT is 0.17 Ethereum (ETH), equating to $269. With over 1,069 owners, this Welly NFT counts for exclusive meal deals in-shop and voting rights. This inspired Shiba Inu and Welly Friends merchandise deals, including SHIB’s fashion line by designer John Richmond.
Shiba Inu’s Welly Reveals Second Shop Plans
The one-year overview concludes with the big news that Welly’s has signed a deal with Enrico and Federico, two business partners preparing to open a shop in Reggio Emilia. This has sparked enthusiasm from the SHIB Army, as many posted memes or flexed their Welly NFTs with congratulatory remarks.
Finally, Welly’s team expansion is now marked with two restaurant development specialists joining. According to the recently penned blog post on Medium, the executive team behind Welly’s is now part of a larger family business, which owns 15 restaurants across different brands, employing over 400 people globally.
On the Flipside
- SHIB Token developer team leader Shytoshi Kusama previously revealed that expectations weren’t met with Welly’s restaurant due to harsh market conditions.
- Previously, Shiba Inu’s Discord was flooded with derogatory comments after one member of SHIB Defence Breed was accused of mishandling 38 ETH from Welly’s.
Why This Matters
Retail adoption is pivotal for cryptocurrency projects.
Explore DailyCoin’s latest crypto news: