Crypto YouTube Channels are a treasure trove of information in the world of cryptocurrency. For beginners learning about Bitcoin (BTC) and blockchain for the first time right through to trading gurus, there’s a crypto youtube channel for everyone.
As the crypto industry becomes more widely accepted by the masses, hundreds of youtube channels have sprung up. With every new channel claiming to be the best source of crypto news and analysis in the blockchain industry, it’s hard to know who can actually talk the talk.
In this guide, we’ll objectively examine what YouTube has to offer. We’ll recap why YouTube is an excellent resource for digital asset enthusiasts and highlight some of the best crypto YouTube channels in the space.
What are Cryptocurrency YouTube Channels?
Since Satoshi Nakamoto first published the Bitcoin white paper, the blockchain industry has come a long way. We now have thousands of altcoins and other digital assets like NFTs to consider when considering the crypto market.
As a result, crypto YouTube channels generally fall into different niches. While some channels provide educational content that demystifies blockchain technologies, others might be dedicated solely to trading strategy and technical analysis. The most ambitious channels try and give a 360° view of the crypto space.
It boils down to this, any channel that regularly posts crypto content should be considered a crypto YouTube channel.
But why should I be interested in YouTube videos dissecting the cryptocurrency space?
Why Should I Follow Crypto YouTube Channels?
YouTube offers a wealth of information on just about every topic under the sun. Unsurprisingly, the crypto world is no different. Watching relatable, engaging videos is a great way to stay current on crypto trends and learn about digital currencies. Here’s why following crypto YouTube channels is a good idea:
- Learn from experts: Most crypto YouTubers do an excellent job of breaking down complicated blockchain topics into basic descriptions.
- Keep up to date: Cryptocurrency news is relentless. The best youtube channels have a knack for cutting through the noise and bringing you the most important market updates.
- Find new crypto investing opportunities: While you should always take youtube investment advice with a grain of salt, crypto YouTube channels sometimes share hidden gems in the cryptocurrency market.
- Entertainment: Let’s face it, YouTube videos are designed to grab our attention and keep us engaged. We might as well use that time to follow the latest crypto news and learn from the experts.
- Network with like-minded people: YouTube communities are packed with other crypto enthusiasts eager to share their knowledge and ideas.
8 Top Crypto YouTube Channels
Before we dive into the list, let’s set a criteria. The best crypto YouTube channels share factual information and give insightful opinions. They help us learn about the fundamentals of blockchain technology and give us the knowledge and tools to make informed decisions.
On the other hand, crypto influencers who constantly shill altcoins and give lofty price predictions promising 100x returns are generally good ones to avoid.
1. Coin Bureau
Coming in at the top of the list is none other than Coin Bureau. Fronted by the charming and relatable ‘Guy’, Coin Bureau produces a wealth of crypto content offering insight across the digital asset industry.
Coin Bureau’s in-depth analysis of popular emerging crypto projects is unmatched on YouTube. He provides plenty of detailed metrics when exploring tokens, and the production quality is fantastic. Guy’s explanations are backed with informative graphics and diagrams that make complex topics much easier to understand.
What most people like about Coin Bureau is that the account is very objective. Coin Bureau always looks at things from both sides of the coin and is quick to warn people of the risks associated with crypto trading. Guy prefers to educate his audience and encourages them to think critically about the crypto market, rather than recklessly shilling altcoins.
- Informative videos covering topics across the entire industry
- Engaging content with high-quality production
- Objective fundamental analysis
- Shilling frequency: 2/5
- Number of subscribers: 2.26M
2. Ivan on Tech
Ivan Liljeqvist is a well-known and respected crypto influencer. Not only is he a renowned crypto educator, but he’s also the CEO of Moralis, a blockchain architecture and analysis platform.
With a background in blockchain development and engineering, Ivan provides a wealth of information on blockchain technology. Crypto enthusiasts interested in DeFi and Ethereum (ETH) development will find plenty of useful tutorials on his crypto youtube channel.
Additionally, Ivan hosts plenty of great interviews and live streams with key figures and thought leaders in the crypto industry, such as the Polygon co-founder Sandeep Nailwal. These give his viewers direct insight into the motivations and goals of top crypto projects.
- Helpful DeFi and blockchain development tutorials
- Interviews and live streams with blockchain experts
- Shilling frequency: 3/5
- Number of subscribers: 497K
3. WhiteBoard Crypto
If you’re an absolute beginner, Whiteboard Crypto is for you. This account is undoubtedly one of the best crypto YouTube channels for newcomers looking to learn the ropes.
Whiteboard Crypto’s mission is to create the most accessible educational content in crypto. Covering everything from self-custody to crypto exchanges and the metaverse, Whiteboard Crypto’s youtube videos are supported start-to-finish with custom diagrams and detailed explanations.
What separates Whiteboard Crypto from other channels on this list is ego or the lack of it. The host is fully anonymous and avoids posting crypto content that could be considered clickbaity or sensationalist. Viewers always know precisely what they will learn from a video without unnecessary hype or shills.
- Accessible content covering the absolute basics and some advanced material
- Excellent diagrams and analogies that make things easy to understand
- Zero sensationalism or click-bait
- Shiling frequency: 1/5
- Number of subscribers: 860K
4. Crypto Banter
Another popular crypto YouTube channel worth your attention is Crypto Banter. Led by founder Ran Neuner, Crypto Banter is a team of experts who offer valuable insights into every niche of the cryptocurrency market.
The Crypto Banter team regularly dissects the latest crypto news and provides context to nuanced topics like the SEC vs. XRP case. Every member has their area of expertise, which helps drive creative discussions during Crypto Banter live streams and podcasts.
Whether you’re a crypto trader, meme coin savant or DeFi enthusiast, the Crypto Banter team is sure to provide something of value to your social media feed. If I had one criticism of the Crypto Banter channel, it would be that some of their YouTube videos are a bit clickbaity. That being said, once you get passed that, the content itself is still valuable.
- Always up-to-date on the latest crypto news and trends
- Varied team with experts in every niche
- Interviews and live streams with special guests
- Shilling Frequency 3/5
- Number of subscribers: 630K
5. Altcoin Daily
Founded by brothers Aaron and Austin Arnold, this is one of the best crypto Youtube accounts for people who want updated news and opinions every day. The Altcoin Daily boys have their thumb on the pulse of the blockchain industry and are always quick to deconstruct the news and provide thoughtful takes on the crypto market.
The Arnold brothers aren’t scared to dive deep into the darkest corners of the crypto market and discuss contentious topics like meme coins and recent hacks and scams in the space. Originally, Altcoin Daily was committed to analyzing altcoins in-depth, but they’ve since pivoted their position to cover more topics in the world of cryptocurrency.
- Engaging and entertaining content
- Quick to react and provide context to market news
- Consistent poster, with new youtube videos almost every day
- Shilling frequency: 4/5
- Number of subscribers: 1.31M
6. Benjamin Cowen – Into the Cryptoverse
If you want to take your cryptocurrency trading skills to the next level, Into The Cryptoverse is the best crypto YouTube Channel out there. Benjamin Cowen is a skilled crypto trader who uses technical analysis to scrutinize the market and draw thoughtful conclusions that others might miss.
Benjamin Cowen’s data-driven insights have made him a popular channel amongst crypto enthusiasts. Beyond his regular analysis and educational content, Cowen hosts live streams with other thought leaders in the space and frequently analyses market conditions for top coins like Cardano (ADA).
What viewers appreciate the most about Benjamin Cowen is his humility. Unlike other crypto YouTubers, Into The Cryptoverse steers clear of hype-driven, clickbait titles and always gives level-headed analysis. His critics might say his youtube videos are dry and boring, but Cowen’s passionate and loyal fanbase finds his unique style part of his appeal.
- Insightful takes derived from technical analysis.
- Educational crypto trading content.
- A level-headed, objective approach to the crypto market
- Shilling frequency: 1/5
- Number of subscribers: 784K
7. Lark Davis
Also known as TheCryptoLark, Lark Davis is another crypto influencer bringing you the latest crypto news and market analysis. Unlike many crypto YouTube channels, Lark has a background in the stock market. This is important because it means that Lark gives his viewers a refreshing look at cryptocurrency in relation to traditional financial markets.
Instead of doing deep dives on new crypto projects, Lark also explores external factors that influence the market. He keeps his followers informed on wider topics like inflation, regulation, and how events in traditional finance impact the world of cryptocurrency.
- Offers market analysis and breaks down crypto news.
- Adds wider context by exploring how traditional finance impacts crypto.
- Shilling frequency: 3/5
- Number of subscribers: 478K
While 99Bitcoins may not have other channels’ flashy graphics and hyped thumbnails, he consistently drops solid educational material without the added fluff. 99Bitcoins is a great place to start if you want to learn the basics.
The channel provides honest and unassuming educational content that helps you get underway in crypto without bombarding you with information. 99Bitcoins also runs a ‘This Week in Bitcoin’ series that summarizes the top stories in a digestible format.
- Basic educational content delivered with clarity
- Calm and informative videos with no added hype
- Shilling frequency: 1/5
- Number of subscribers: 709K
Pros and Cons of Crypto YouTube
YouTube is one of the biggest and most accessible sources of crypto content on social media. While Crypto YouTube has much to offer, it’s still far from perfect. Let’s take a look at the benefits and drawbacks of crypto channels.
- Excellent source of educational content – Watching videos is a great way to learn about blockchain technology and crypto projects.
- Immense variety of topics – Whether you’re an NFT collector, DeFi wizard, or serious crypto trader, a Crypto YouTube channel always aligns with your interests.
- Adds context to market events – Having experts talk us through significant events provides new insights we might not have previously considered.
- Slow lead time – While listening to reactions and analysis of market news helps us understand events, YouTube isn’t a great news source. YouTube videos take time to create, edit and publish, so by the time news reaches YouTube it’s probably already too late to take action.
- Crypto influencers can be unreliable – Believe it or not, some crypto influencers don’t have your best interests at heart. Ben Armstrong, AKA Bitboy Crypto, is notorious for shilling scams and pumping altcoins through his channel. In fact, he recently promised he wouldn’t sell any coins from a meme coin he promoted, only to announce he’d already sold them just one week later.
On the Flipside
- If some readers wonder why their favorite crypto YouTube channels didn’t make the list, think about how consistently they post. The truth is, some channels ride crypto hype for engagement. Popular accounts like Sheldon Evans or JRNY Crypto post great videos, but they disappear during a bear market when engagement with crypto content is low.
Why This Matters
Youtube is an excellent source of education, news, and analysis in the blockchain industry. Following the best crypto youtube channels helps you stay up to date on events and make informed decisions in the crypto market.
With over two million subscribers, Coin Bureau is the biggest crypto YouTube channel.
Crypto YouTube channels earn money through a variety of revenue streams. These include YouTube advertising, affiliate links, and through sharing sponsored content.
Yes, plenty of crypto channels are dedicated to learning how to trade crypto. As always, it’s best to start with a paper trading wallet and never trade more than you can afford to lose.