- “The Next Crypto Gem” is set to premiere on September 7th, 2023.
- The show features crypto influencers and industry leaders in a competitive setting.
- The program aims to provide both entertainment and educate its viewers.
When a new trend rises to the fore, the entertainment industry is rarely far behind. As crypto gains more and more attention in mainstream channels, it was only a matter of time. Enter “The Next Crypto Gem,” a reality show with a format echoing the renowned “Shark Tank,” which is set to premiere globally.
The Next Crypto Gem to Premiere in 56 Countries
On Wednesday, September 6, the global launch of a reality show named “The Next Crypto Gem,” was announced to the public. Produced by The Hourglass Collective, the show will have a similar format to popular show “Shark Tank”, and will be released in 56 countries worldwide.
“The Next Crypto Gem” will have various contestants present their business ventures to investors. However, as the name suggests, rather than general business pitches, participants will pitch cryptocurrency-related ventures.
These presentations will be scrutinized by a panel of judges, including Brian D. Evans, Layah Heilpern, and George Tung, all experts in the industry. By providing open scrutiny of each project’s viability, innovation, and relevance, the show aims to provide insights into the inner workings of crypto.
The show will also feature well-known players in the crypto industry and beyond. Famous poker player Tom Dwan and controversial YouTuber Ben Armstrong, previously “BitCoy Crypto”, will feature in the series alongside Kevin Harrington, an original member of “Shark Tank,” with cameo appearances throughout the first season.
On the Flipside
- Focusing on cryptocurrency presents challenges in terms of audience understanding. Given the technical nature of the subject, the show’s success will depend on its ability to simplify complex crypto concepts for a general audience.
- Crypto has made numerous appearances in popular shows. For instance, IMDb lists 150 titles with the “cryptocurrency” tag and 41 titles tagged “Bitcoin.”
Why This Matters
For crypto enthusiasts, “The Next Crypto Gem” provides an accessible means of understanding cryptocurrency ventures on a deeper level, as it stands to provide insight into how crypto investors make decisions.
Read more about Ben Armstrong’s split with BitBoy Crypto:
Ben Armstrong’s Exit from BitBoy Crypto: What Led to the Split?
Read more about the latest investment by Bitcoin-focused non-profit Btrust:
Jack Dorsey’s Btrust Aims to Train African Bitcoin Engineers with Latest Acquisition