1/ @AxieRaylights, our first land mini-game is live for all landholders!— Axie Infinity🦇🔊 #AxieOrigins (@AxieInfinity) October 11, 2022
🎮 | Play now: https://t.co/MWeQW543EX
This is a major step as we build Axie to be the premier Web3 Brand & IP, backed by a community of missionaries and infinite experiences. pic.twitter.com/4BojnqnAzU
In addition to the game release, Axie Infinity announced a patch update for Axie Infinity: Origins, the second installment in the Axie Infinity line-up, on their official blog and social media channels. The game has been taken down for maintenance and will go live with new changes, including features, important bug fixes, and improvements.
Axie Infinity: Raylights, a New Farmbuilder Game
Axie Infinity: Raylights is a major step for Axie Infinity as it adds greater functionality and utility for Axie NFTs. The highly-anticipated game was officially announced at AxieCon, Axie Infinity’s flagship event, held from September 7th and September 10th. Axie Infinity: Raylights was developed in collaboration with Quicksave Interactive, a Finnish game studio known for titles such as Tezotopia, Werewolf Friends, and Beatstar Music.
Here are some of the major highlights of the new game:
- Axie Infinity: Raylights will be the third installment in the Axie Infinity line-up, succeeding Axie Infinity: Origins
- Axie Infinity: Raylights is a farm builder game similar in concept to My Animal Crossing and My Neighbor Alice.
- Axie Infinity: Raylights’ gameplay is centered around sowing unique minerals, growing plants, cultivating land, and unlocking new recipes in Lunacia, Axie Infinity’s in-game world.
- The game takes place at the dawn of Axie civilization in Lunacia. Axies, along with their owners, have to discover farming and growing techniques to progress in the game.
- Players will start with access to three minerals: Edenite, Aqua, and Beastium. With ten different types to choose from, players will have to progress in the game to unlock more minerals.
- Players can unlock exclusive ingredients, secret recipes, and aesthetics for their land by using different mineral codes by progressing in the game.
- Axie Infinity: Raylights can be played directly from any browser without downloading the game.
Axie Infinity aims to shape the future of Web 3.0. The game is a landmark in their attempts to put themselves on the map. Axie Infinity: Raylights is in its early stages and will include features such as the ability to mint NFTs, additional game mechanics, and more in future versions of the game.
Introducing Improvements to Gameplay with Bug Fixes and Updates
Axie Infinity: Origins, the successor to Axie Classic, has been undergoing maintenance for the upcoming patch. The patch comes after the Season 1 balancing patch, which was released on September 28th. Axie Infinity has announced the patch in tandem with their newest game release.
Here is a summary of the patch update:
- Axie Infinity: Origins is releasing updates to Rock, Paper, Scissors, an in-game battle event found in the game.
- The update includes additional mechanics, such as the ability to skip Rock, Paper, Scissors, reduced maximum time of a single match, and increased time to choose preferences.
- The patch also introduces bug fixes to important aspects of the game, including fixing issues found with changing the language, problems logging into the marketplace, and glitches caused by connecting to the game with second devices.
- The game also improved the game experience by balancing and tweaking Runes and Charms such as “Celestial Might,” “Feather Descend,” and “Adaptive Program.”
- Axie Infinity: Origins will be live once maintenance concludes with the new changes.
On the Flipside
- The Axie: Origins patch update includes the second update to the Rock, Paper, Scissor mechanic following the Season 1 balancing patch. The game has yet to fix issues in other in-game mechanics that players complain about, such as tweaking different Axie skills.
- Currently, only landowners can play Axie Infinity: Raylights. Gameplay for non-landowners has yet to be introduced.
Why You Should Care
Axie Infinity: Raylights is a huge milestone for Axie Infinity as it prepares to introduce more functionality to Axies, its NFT collection, by introducing more utility, functionality, and gameplay. The game is catered towards farm-builder game enthusiasts, indicating that Axie Infinity wants to be inclusive of all types of games.