- Yuga Labs taps Faraway Game Studio to bring Dookey Dash to Web2.
- ApeCoin bounced back 36% from the all-time lows hit three months ago.
- ApeCoin DAO is voting to pick a partner for ApeChain L1.
Yuga Labs had devoted itself to bringing Web2 players to Dookey Dash. The revamped and free-to-play version of Dookey Dash adds new features, including magnetic and slow boosters, which can be picked up on a gamer’s endless journey through the digital sewer.
Dookey Dash: Unclogged is available on Windows, iOS, and Android operating systems. While everybody is welcome to play this version of the Endless Runner 3D game, the developers promised to reward Bored Ape Yacht Club (BAYC) and other Yuga’s blue-chip NFT owners special treatment with rewards in ApeCoin or other on-chain assets.
ApeCoin’s Own Layer-1 Coming Up Next?
Emerging as the token with the highest-valued launch in 2021, ApeCoin has since plunged from the initial $8 billion market capitalization to $507 million today. However, the tables turned ever since the ApeCoin community decided to work on their own Layer-1 blockchain.
In such a case, APE would substantially boost utility as the gas and governance fee on the newly launched Layer-1 scaling solution. In the latest developments, Polygon’s (MATIC) chain upped its bid with a $3 million fund after an unsuccessful proposal attempt but still faces fierce competition from Optimism (OP).
ApeCoin trades at $1.38 at press time, sliding down by 3.6% in the last 24 hours. Hitting rock bottom three months ago to trade at the all-time low of $1.01, APE’s rebound attempts have been confronted by the monthly APE token unlocks. In the monthly perspective, APE recorded a 15.6% downturn despite reaching $1.82 on Christmas Day.
On the Flipside
- According to a playtest The Fortnite Guy (TFG) shared, fiat currencies are used for power-ups in the mobile version of Dookey Dash rather than cryptocurrency.
- Dookey Dash: Unclogged is slated for public launch in mid-February 2024, while the game is currently available to selected game testers and Yuga’s affiliates.
Why This Matters
Blockchain games that can be accessed via all versions of the internet have the potential to contribute significantly to global crypto adoption.
Explore DailyCoin’s trending crypto news:
Crypto.com Delists Terra Classic Pairs, LUNC & USTC Dive 10%
Trader Earns $6.77M from SatoshiVM (SAVM) Token Launch