- The crypto market has enjoyed a spectacular start to 2021
- Spiking by more than 1,384 percent, Voyager token is the best performing crypto of January
- The fun Dogecoin, gained more than 641 percent, building on the GameStop saga
- Zugacoin is one of the biggest losers of January 2021 with a price drop of 900 percent
The first full month of 2021 has been very eventful. In January, Bitcoin, the leading cryptocurrency broke past its previous all-time high to peak at $41,946. The crypto market also topped $1 trillion for the first time, in the same period.
In January, Bitcoin also experienced the biggest 24 hours drop in nine months, dinking by more than 20 percent. Looking at the first full month of 2021, here are the biggest winners and losers in the crypto market.
Top Crypto Winners in January 2021
1. Voyager Token (VGX)
Voyager enables users to trade over 30 accepted cryptocurrencies using the US dollar. Voyager Token (VGX) spiked by more than 1384.87 percent in January. VGX is currently changing hands at about $2.43 with a market cap of over $540 million.
2. Alpha Finance Lab (ALPHA)
In the month of 2021, the cross-chain Decentralized Finance (DeFi) project, Alpha Finance Lab spiked by more than 1199.60 percent, making it one of the best performing crypto. ALPHA currently exchanges hands at $2.23 and is the 83rd largest cryptocurrency with a market cap of $329.5 million.
3. Fantom (FTM)
Regardless of the relatively unstable market, Fantop closed January with a gain of more than 641.25 percent. Fantom is ranked as the 92nd largest crypto with a market cap of $339 million. The FTM token currently has a trading value of $0.1353.
4. Dogecoin (DOGE)
Starting out as a fun, lite version of Bitcoin, Dogecoin has been trying to convince its users that it is a real project. In January 2021, DOGE managed to gain by 641.05 percent and is currently changing hands at around $0.077. Dogecoin is currently ranked as the 10th largest crypto with a market cap of $9.9 billion.
On the Flipside
- The bulls are in control of the crypto market once again, as Bitcoin sets another all-time high
- Bitcoin has peaked at $44,290, at the back of 12 percent in the last 24 hours
- The majority of the crypto market are currently in the green, with Polkadot rising by 9.3 percent in the last 24 hours
Top Crypto Losers in January 2021
1. 3X Short Dogecoin Token (DOGEBEAR)
3X Short Dogecoin Token (DOGEBEAR) is an ERC20 token that seeks a return that corresponds to -3 times the daily return of Dogecoin. Instead of returns, DOGEBEAR recorded losses in January 2021. The token dropped by over 100 percent and currently trades at $0.000004700.
2. AAVEDOWN (AAVEDOWN)
Another crypto that suffered a major drawback in January 2021 is AAVEDOWN. Since its launch in November 2020, AAVEDOWN has witnessed consistent price drops. AAVEDOWN is a short AAVE token, which generates leveraged gains between 1.5x to 3x, when AAVE goes down. As AAVE tokens suffered loss, so did this token, losing more than 99 percent of its value.
3. Zugacoin (SZC)
The biggest crypto loser in January 2021 is Zugacoin (SZC). On January 10 SZC traded for $54,591, however, the token currently exchanges hands at $58.8. Classic example of a pump and dump crypto scheme. A loss of more than 990 in less than 30 days.