- Polygon co-founder Sandeep Nailwal has hinted at more exciting times for Polygon in 2023.
- Nailwal has outlined three dates for the Polygon community to take note of.
- The upcoming developments will cap off an already excitement-filled year for the Polygon network.
Positive developments keep rolling in for the Polygon network with no end in sight. Amid excitement over new partnerships and a recent surge in network activity, Polygon co-founder Sandeep Nailwal has suggested that the party is not over for the Ethereum scaling solution in 2023. He recently teased three more major developments to close out the year.
“Save the Dates”
Nailwal has indicated that Christmas could come early for Polygon. In an X post on Wednesday, November 29, he hinted at three major announcements and dates the Polygon community should look forward to. These include:
- A potential turning point for blockchains in India that the team will announce at Polygon Connect on December 7.
- A public demo of a “next generation” zero-knowledge product, which Nailwal describes as an “important milestone for the Ethereum ecosystem,” which the team will unveil on December 14.
- A tokenization game changer to usher in greater institutional adoption. Nailwal disclosed that Polygon Labs would announce this on December 20.
The teaser, particularly the bit about driving greater institutional adoption, has sparked significant excitement within the Polygon community.
The recently teased developments look to cap a year that has ushered in big changes for the Ethereum scaling solution amid a significant directional shift.
2023, the Year Polygon Went Multichain
Several big developments have come from this transition, including the launch of the Polygon zkEVM chain in March 2023 and the launch of the Polygon Chain Development Kit (CDK) in August 2023, which allows projects to easily spin off ZK-powered Layer 2 chains that will share liquidity as part of the planned Polygon ecosystem. Polygon is also replacing MATIC with POL, a token serving the envisioned multichain ecosystem.
On the Flipside
- The impact of the teased developments remains to be seen.
- Despite Polygon’s technological advancements in 2023, MATIC remains 74% below its all-time high of $2.92, trading at $0.7570, according to CoinGecko data at the time of writing.
Why This Matters
The teased announcements could affect the Polygon ecosystem’s direction and MATIC’s price.
Read this for more on Polygon:
Here’s How Amazon Is Making Building on Polygon Easier
Find out what Coinbase’s subpoena from the CFTC means for customers:
Here’s What Coinbase’s Subpoena from the CFTC Means for You