- Candy Digital launches free NFT mint for the limited edition MLB ball.
- Sports memorabilia collectors will be able to showcase their NFTs IRL.
- Major League Baseball (MLB) inked a deal with Candy in October 2022.
The sports-focused NFT marketplace Candy Digital has unearthed a free mint for a digital collectible representing the new wave of Major Baseball League (MLB) stars. The 2023 MLB Rookie Ball NFT can be acquired within a few clicks on Candy’s website.
This free airdrop comes just five days before the launch of the 2023 MLB Rookie ICONs NFT collection, which aims to pay homage to the brightest future stars of the league. Indeed, the 3D animated rookie ball has the trademark pink and black color scheme and the Rookie logo.
To get this NFT, users must log into their Candy account. Then, on the 2023 MLB Rookie Ball page, press “Mint For Free” and enter the checkout. The procedure is free of charge, and all NFT enthusiasts will receive an email confirmation immediately after checking out.
Candy Takes Bi-Dimensional Approach with NFTs
Sports fans are patiently waiting for the 2023 MLB Rookie ICONs NFT collection to drop on May 31st, 2023. The upcoming NFT collection will feature 40 rookies of the 2023 season, but collectors are also keen to see ten MLB superstars, who will be taken back to their inaugural seasons.
The upcoming collection will be priced at $100 per pack and is capped at 1,880 packs. These sports memorabilia NFTs can now also have a permanent physical home. This became possible after Candy Digital marketplace struck a deal with Infinite Objects, a video frame manufacturing company.
Thanks to this new partnership, sports and NFT enthusiasts can add a physical video frame to their NFT orders. Whether a conversation starter for your guests or an innovative home decoration, the 3D video animated NFTs in physical frames deliver a new way to enjoy non-fungible tokens.
On the Flipside
- Users must go through KYC to list any of the acquired NFTs on Candy’s marketplace.
- Candy Digital representatives advise using the desktop version when submitting an NFT for listing.
- According to the blog post, mobile listings tend to crash often, while editing listings is impossible.
Why This Matters
The digital sports memorabilia niche is estimated to grow into a $41 billion market by 2032.
Explore DailyCoin’s latest crypto news:
How Binance’s Lending Feature Is Contesting Blur to Give ETH NFTs More Utility