- Mi Primer Bitcoin educational program announced a course in English.
- The 198-page long student workbook teaches topics of varying difficulty.
- Mi Primer Bitcoin taught 10,000 school students about Bitcoin last year.
El Salvador’s Mi Primer Bitcoin learning initiative recently released a new student workbook that covers Bitcoin-related topics suitable for learners of different ages. Commenting on the recent changes to the curriculum, Dalia Platt, the Chair of Mi Primer Bitcoin, explained:
“The goal is to make the course interactive, fun, creative, accessible and easy to understand for all, using examples that can reach and impact every corner of the world.”
Education Grows as El Salvador Embraces Bitcoin
The educational committee chair at Mi Primer Bitcoin also revealed the ambitious plans to teach at least 300,000 Salvadorans in 2023 about Bitcoin and the future of money. The free educational program aims to dish out at least 7,700 presentational diplomas.
Ultimately, Ms. Platt sees Mi Primer Bitcoin playing a key role in increasing financial literacy. At the same time, the small Latin American country is “the first Bitcoin nation and has the unique opportunity to lead the way in Bitcoin education.” The Casa de Mi Primer Bitcoin is located in San Salvador, which just underwent a massive street sweep to remove the violent gang members known to harass law-abiding local citizens.
Bitcoin Volcano Bonds Finally Ready to Erupt?
El Salvador has become much more attractive to foreign investors since the rapid reduction in homicides. Having led the international homicide rate for decades, El Salvador has now dropped out of the TOP 10 list thanks to no-tolerance policies on gangs by Nayib Bukele, the millennial president of the pioneering Central American nation.
The forward-looking president’s unconventional methods go way past Bitcoin. Bukele’s government plans to launch Bitcoin-backed Volcano bonds, providing a unique opportunity for foreign investors to invest in the country. Even though the progress on Volcano bonds has been delayed multiple times, the recent legislation passed by the Parliament of El Salvador marks a breakthrough in this strategy.
According to a January 11th, 2023 ruling by the Bitcoin Office of El Salvador, the issuance of the highly-anticipated Bitcoin Volcano bonds will “commence immediately.” Bukele’s government aims to reach the $1 billion mark in investments via these Volcano bonds. The funds would be allocated to improve the country’s Bitcoin mining infrastructure and the Golden Bitcoin City – an upcoming hub for crypto talents worldwide powered by a volcano.
On the Flipside:
- Mass media outlets, including Reuters and Bloomberg, have struggled to be objective on El Salvador’s development since Bitcoin was adopted as legal tender.
- The International Monetary Fund (IMF) sent multiple warnings to El Salvador to reverse the decision, instilling fear of defaulting on the $800 maturing bond.
- El Salvador successfully repaid the loan. Nayib Bukele called out the “economic geniuses” on Twitter but received no response.
- Nayib Bukele’s crypto portfolio is still down 45.77% but significantly went up after applying DCA (dollar cost average) BTC buying strategy.
Why You Should Care:
El Salvador is the first country in the world to adopt Bitcoin as a legal tender. This global precedent is set to lay the foundation for crypto adoption globally.
Read fascinating crypto adoption stories:
Dubai’s Blockchain Revolution: Top Events to Attend in 2023