Yield Guild Games has successfully reached the one year milestone, and the Play to Earn (P2E) gaming guild is already looking ahead to how it can make its next year even better. To mark the occasion, the company shared a blog post in which the team discussed their future plans.
In the release, Yield Guild Games (YGG) highlighted its journey from being a small community based around Axie Infinity, to becoming settlers in the metaverse.
YGG took the opportunity to further reiterate its dedication to Play to Earn games, and bettering the player experience, even despite the bear market. For this, the guild will focus on new products and services, alongside fostering the community.
“Now more than ever, we see an opportunity to bring on world-class builders to help us write the destiny of the play-to-earn ecosystem.” says Colin Goltra, the Global COO at YGG.
“Historically, the best projects have been those that could survive the harsh crypto winter and build enduring protocols and communities through discipline and without the distractions of public hype,” he added.
What Are YGG’s Future Plans?
In it’s official blog post, Yield Guild Games highlighted some key points that they would be looking to emphasize
- Yield Guild intends to dedicate the next 12 months to exploration and building. The company will support anyone who has “put their heads down to focus on building” in the bear market.
- The company is taking a “right people in the right seats” approach to hiring new leaders. The onboarding of Colin Goltra, Jen Yu, and “KnightAV” are just some examples of this.
- After the success of season 1 of the Guild Advancement Program (GAP), YGG is making plans for a second season. GAP season 2 will feature more quests and community activities.
- The YGG Reward Vault will be receiving some updates.
- YGG Esports plans to host more esports tournaments. To develop the blockchain esports scene, Yield Guild Games will be creating educational content.
- The company will also explore opportunities for subDAOs, micro-guilds, and managers in the evolving P2E industry.
For the full details, you can check out the official blog post by YGG.
What Does Yield Guild Games do?
Yield Guild Games, often shortened as YGG, is a DAO that invests in NFTs used in blockchain games. The guild was inspired by the Axie Infinity phenomenon in the Philippines.
The company invests in promising NFTs that it believes will generate yield in the long run.
YGG aims to achieve a few simple things:
- Build an economy of P2E gamers across the world;
- Generate revenue by operating and renting NFTs;
- Foster and develop community participation in the guild.
So far, Yield Guild Games has invested in popular NFT games like Splinterlands, Ember Sword, The Sandbox, and many more.
Even outside of this, YGG has more to offer:
- YGG Vault: A system allowing users to stake tokens for rewards;
- SubDAO: A subset of the YGG DAO dedicated to a game;
- YGG Token: Token holders can benefit from the value generated by DAO, SubDAO, and more;
- YGG Community Programs: A variety of scholarships and other benefits.
Why You Should Care
- YGG has come a long way since its early Axie Infinity days. The guild now hosts multiple blockchain esports tournaments and is focused on building and strengthening its community.
- Considering the enduring current market-wide slump, YGG is focused on bolstering its community and recovering faith in the market.
You may also be interested in:
AxieCon Is Coming This Autumn – Now with Crypto Ticket Purchases