The Sandbox is collaborating with Coinbase Wallet to host a VoxEdit Contest. The theme for VoxEdit is “90’s Nostalgia in Web3.” Much like the name suggests, participants have to bring alive their favorite 90’s icons into the metaverse.
“Time for some nostalgia! What if your favorite icons from the 90s could time travel? What if, somehow, they ended up in the Web 3-era?” says the announcement.
The Sandbox + Coinbase Wallet: What’s the VoxEdit Contest About?
As mentioned earlier, the contest is all about recreating 90’s icons in the metaverse using The Sandbox’s VoxEdit tool.
Since the theme says “Use a 90’s icon and give it a Web3 twist! Surprise us,” there are no tight rules about what icons to use. However, it should be noted that no copyrighted characters can be used for the contest.
Further, there are a few guidelines for the entries:
- The asset should be original
- The creation should not go over 5,000 faces and 175 nodes
- The maximum size is 512 x 512 x 512 and 512 voxels tall
- Low-quality submissions and spamming will result in disqualification
- No NSFW or inappropriate entries are allowed. This includes sexual, racist, homophobic, and other inappropriate content.
For full guidelines, check out the official post.
The submissions start on August 29th, at 00:00 pm UTC, and will close on September 11th, at 23:59 pm UTC.
The voting process will start on September 12th and will conclude on September 25th. Coinbase Wallet and The Sandbox’s internal team will conduct internal voting. The results will be announced on October 3rd.
How to Submit the Entries
The submission process is quite straightforward:
- Participants have to send in a GIF of the fully animated asset
- The entry should be tweeted mentioning @VoxEdit, @TheSandboxGame and @CoinbaseWallet.
- Add the hashtag #VoxEditWeekly
- Lastly, participants need to fill out the Google form to confirm their entries.
Special Rewards for Coinbase Wallet Users
The prize pool for this VoxEdit Contest is 15,000 SAND. The winner gets 6,000 SAND and the runner-up gets 3,500 SAND. The third-place winner will be rewarded with 2,000 SAND. The top four to ten winners will get 500 SAND each.
Additionally, the top ten winners who use Coinbase Wallet get a 50 SAND bonus.
On the Flipside
- Looking back at the icons that The Sandbox has, there’s an obvious lack of 90’s characters. The contest will encourage user-generated content and address the issue. However, the incentives for using Coinbase Wallet could have been more attractive.
Why You Should Care
The Sandbox has just released its newest Alpha version and continues to partner with brands, IPs, celebrities, and more to bring more content to the metaverse. The contest is a great attempt to increase community engagement and user-generated content in The Sandbox.
You may also like:
The Sandbox Alpha Season 3 Brings Crazy Summer Vibes to the Metaverse