- The Sandbox is celebrating Korean pop culture in the K-verse, an area in The Sandbox metaverse dedicated to Korean content.
- The metaverse will also welcome the supposed Korean Web 3.0 wave. Two weeks of exciting events in the K-verse among partners, including K League, Anicube, and more are planned.
- Players will enjoy a series of events celebrating the K-content festival starting November 24th.
The K-verse mini-event is part of The Sandbox’s initiative to welcome users from around the world. Additionally, the K-verse is part of The Sandbox’s joint efforts to provide Korean-specific content to users in Web3. Players can now enjoy rewards and indulge in electrifying events for weeks.
The Sandbox Game - New Experience K-Verse Mini Event https://t.co/yTBQj6ZZEU— The Sandbox (@TheSandboxGame) November 24, 2022
Welcoming Cultures from Around the World
The Sandbox has been making remarkable progress in building Web3. The metaverse platform is undoubtedly one of the most influential builders in the space, making monumental collaborations with institutions, celebrities, and mainstream media to welcome the next wave of billion users to Web3.
The metaverse recently concluded its Alpha Season 3 event, hosting some of the most thrilling events the Web3 world has seen yet, featuring big names like Forbes, Gucci, Paris Hilton, Snoop Dogg, and more.
In its efforts to welcome the world’s diversity in cultures and traditions, The Sandbox has made numerous partnerships with Korean-based companies. These include collaboration with LINE studio to dedicate a space in its metaverse for Korean pop culture and Modhaus to launch the tripleS NFT collection.
Korean pop culture has become a global phenomenon over the years thanks to its irresistible music, sleek choreography, high production values, and endless parades of artists striving for perfection.
The two-week K-verse mini-event will celebrate the K-wave in collaboration with K League, Anicube, Sandbox Network, and Cube Entertainment.
Here are some details about the mini-event:
- The mini-event will consist of five dedicated experiences rolled out in two waves.
- The first wave, starting November 24th, consists of three experiences and will end on December 7th.
- The second wave, starting December 1st, will have two experiences, also ending on December 7th.
- The Sandbox will distribute 100,000 SAND tokens (SAND) among players who have played all five experiences, completed all quests, and verified their identities.
- The first wave will release the strategy arcade game K league Jumping Rush, music metaverse ANICUBEENT, and RPG MTDZ Neverland.
- The second wave will roll out Cube Ent’s Korean Web3 experience K-Village and K League’s K League Island.
- K League will also be releasing the K League NFT Collection in celebration of the mini-event. The NFT collection will be centered around league team mascots and will deliver perks and rewards to holders.
Further details can be found in The Sandbox’s blog post.
The K-verse mini-event will play a crucial role in welcoming fans of Korean pop culture to Web3. Developers, companies, and builders who innovate in the space will also make valuable contributions.
On the Flipside
- Despite being a highly-competitive space, the K-verse has yet to see inclusion from recent additions LINE Studio, Modhaus, MBC, SM Entertainment, and Studio Dragon.
Why You Should Care
The Sandbox is consistently making collaborations and partnerships to introduce the metaverse and Web3 to the world. The K-verse will undoubtedly welcome many users and fans of pop culture. This will inspirebuilders and developers to deliver more innovation and experiences in the metaverse.
The K-wave has successfully introduced Korean culture to the world, with famous figures like BTS, Big Bang, and Psy among the most celebrated artists in the space. Considering the large fanbases of Korean pop culture in general, The Sandbox could be successful in its efforts to connect the world in the metaverse.
You may also like:
The Sandbox and Modhaus K-Pop Label to Bring tripleS Group to the Metaverse
The Sandbox Announces Partnership With LINE Studio To Create An Area In The K-Verse