- GameStop has announced the hosting of NFTs minted on Immutable X, an Ethereum Layer-2 protocol, on its NFT marketplace.
- Previously, GameStop shared its plans to partner with Immutable X in February this year.
- Moreover, the partnership will allow both platforms to provide eco-friendly NFTs with 100% gas-free and carbon-neutral minting and trading.
Millions of players across the United States will gain access to unique Web 3.0 games and NFT gaming assets, originally hosted on Immutable X, thanks to this partnership. Immutable’s collaboration with GameStop will play a crucial role in onboarding new players to Web 3.0 gaming.
GameStop NFT Marketplace, Now Offering Web 3.0 Games
GameStop has expanded its crypto partnerships since sharing its plans of building an NFT marketplace in January. The video game retailer partnered with Immutable X in February and launched a $100 million Development Fund. The fund encouraged game developers to build on Immutable X and the NFT marketplace.
GameStop later revealed the beta version of its NFT marketplace in March this year. The video game retailer integrated Loopring, a ZK-rollup Layer-2 protocol, to launch the beta version of the marketplace.
Finally, GameStop officially inaugurated its highly anticipated NFT marketplace, utilizing Ethereum, in July this year. The Ethereum integration allowed GameStop to target more players in the NFT gaming space.
However, since integrating Ethereum, the GameStop NFT marketplace has only offered digital artwork and collectibles. Considering GameStop’s aim to establish a strong foothold in the NFT gaming world, many in the Web 3.0 community questioned its methods.
Ultimately, GameStop is now able to host a series of Web 3.0 games following the integration of Immutable X.
Here’s what GameStop’s Immutable X integration offers:
- GameStop’s NFT Marketplace will officially host Web 3.0 games and NFT collectibles built on Immutable X starting November 1st. GameStop users including GameStop Powerup Pro loyalty members will have access to any game on the Immutable X network via the protocol’s global order book.
- The Immutable X integration will unlock access to leading Web 3.0 games, including Gods Unchained, Guild of Guardians, the Illuvium lineup, and more.
- Since Immutable X advocates eco-friendliness, the partnership will allow for 100 percent gas-free and carbon-neutral minting and trading on the NFT marketplace.
GameStop is one of the largest digital gaming communities in the world with over 50 million users. This partnership is a step in the right direction for Immutable as it stays committed to bringing the next billion players to Web 3.0 gaming.
Robbie Ferguson, President and Co-Founder of Immutable X, shared his excitement about providing the GameStop community access to millions of additional NFTs. The president added that he’s looking forward to building the future of Web 3.0 gaming with GameStop.
On the Flipside
- The GameStop NFT Marketplace is catered to users in the United States. It has yet to target the Asian and European markets.
- The NFT Marketplace website is inaccessible from parts of Asia.
Why You Should Care
The collaboration is a key achievement for gamers in the Web 3.0 space, as well as a gain for the environment. The partnership unlocks access to world-class NFTs and games on the Immutable X such as Illuvium, one of the most played Web 3.0 games, for millions of users in an eco-friendly way. The integration will enable developers to take advantage of the $100 million grant announced earlier this year to drive mass adoption into Web 3.0 with new games.
Read about GameStop’s ongoing event:
GameStop Launches SAW Game Passes: “Let’s Play a Game?”