Popular business magazine Forbes is making its way to The Sandbox metaverse in collaboration with Polygonal Mind. The publisher of ‘The World’s Richest’ is taking its Web 3.0 adoption push even further by hosting a first-of-its-kind event in The Sandbox metaverse on November 10th.
The business magazine is reportedly committed to offering its readers, subscribers, and members more opportunities to learn about and adopt Web 3.0.
We couldn't hold it off anymore, we are thrilled to announce that Polygonal Mind has partnered with @Forbes and it's joining the #Metaverse with a custom and unique experience being released in @TheSandboxGame— Polygonal Mind (@polygonalmind) November 8, 2022
Read more: https://t.co/ImVKs3WGuT pic.twitter.com/ZpihfIPiBw
A Web 3.0 Most Influential?
Forbes is undoubtedly one of the most influential mainstream business magazines in the world. The publication built its reputation with lists and rankings of popular social topics, including the ‘Richest Americans’, ‘Crypto’s wealthiest’, ‘World’s Most Powerful’, and more.
Forbes has been one of the first mainstream publications to cover the metaverse since its inception, and has been an active participant in Web 3.0 since establishing its presence through the NFT digitization of some of its iconic magazine covers.
The ‘World’s Most Influential’ publisher also held a successful digital asset and Web 3.0 summit in March this year, followed by the unveiling of its ‘Virtual Billionaires’ NFT collection, in collaboration with FTX.
Forbes’ commitment to bringing its experience to Web 3.0 is a good sign of the institutional and mainstream adoption of the space. The business magazine claims to reach more than 150 million people across all platforms every month, and its partnership with Polygonal Mind could serve as the perfect bridge those users to Web 3.0.
Polygonal Mind is a creative development studio lauded for its contributions to the Decentraland and The Sandbox metaverses, including for the upcoming ‘Metaverse Music Festival’. Other accolades include building 3D models, avatars, and environments in games such as Beat Saber, Crypto Avatars, Morphite, and more.
Forbes’ The Sandbox Experience
Here’s a quick breakdown of what enthusiasts can expect in Forbes’ upcoming The Sandbox experience, in collaboration with Polygonal Mind:
- Forbes members will receive wearable NFTs as tickets permitting entry to The Sandbox metaverse experience.
- The Forbes metaverse will contain mementos true to Forbes, including an NFT gallery showcasing the magazine’s success, which will also host the publication’s ‘Virtual Billionaires’ NFT collection, alongside their virtual net worths based on live New York Stock Exchange pricing.
- Challenging quests and scavenger hunts, virtual parties, and the Forbes Highlander Yacht will all await players.
- Players will be able to interact with other members in the virtual space, participate in trivia about Forbes and its history, and much more.
Vadim Supitskiy, Forbes’ Chief Technology Officer, added that Forbes’ objective is to expand its reach to every medium and engage with users wherever they are. Supistsky further shared that the company is always looking to provide additional value to members, by offering unique, engaging experiences in both Web 2.0 and Web 3.0.
Supitskiy envisions Web 3.0 to be a place where Forbes’ community can make new connections, learn, discover new ideas, and interact socially.
On the Flipside
- The event is only open to members. Attendees must subscribe to Forbes to gain permission to attend. Forbes subscription cost between $7 to $80, depending on the time frame.
- Forbes’ social media accounts have not yet shared any details about the upcoming event.
Why You Should Care
Forbes embracing Web 3.0 is monumental for the space, as it represents a step in the right direction for mainstream adoption. The business magazine maintains millions of subscribers and readers every month, who could potentially transition to Web 3.0 through Forbes’ efforts. The metaverse event is a landmark effort to introduce the metaverse and Web 3.0 to newer users. Most importantly, it shows Forbes’ dedication to connecting with its members, and rewarding them for their loyalty through exclusive engagement opportunities.
Find out who this year’s richest crypto billionaire is: