In preparation for Halloween, Axie Infinity has announced a patch update for ‘Axie Infinity: Origins’, the second installment in the Axie Infinity Play-to-Earn (P2E) lineup. The update includes important bug fixes, new backgrounds, and Halloween-themed visuals and mechanics to celebrate the holiday.
Origins is now in maintenance for a spooky patch 🎃— Axie Infinity🦇🔊 #AxieOrigins (@AxieInfinity) October 26, 2022
What’s New: ✨
- Added new backgrounds
- It's #Axieween! Various Axies inside Origins have special “ghosts” following them around!
- Added new Halloween-themed background for battles during the Halloween season pic.twitter.com/BYhLxT6tQM
Origins Patch Update: Brewing Bugs and Making Improvements
The newest patch comes after the ‘Axie Infinity: Ray lights‘ patch, where Axie Infinity launched the latest addition to their P2E lineup. The previous Axie Infinity: Origins patch introduced new game mechanics, improvements to gameplay, and fixed bugs.
The latest patch includes balances, changes, and tweaks left out in the previous patches, as well as preparations for Axieween.
Here’s what’s cooking in the patch update:
- Axie Infinity: Origins has received a makeover ahead of the spooky season. The patch update brings Halloween-themed backgrounds and ghosts following Axies.
- In-game mechanics and Axie skills, including ‘Cleanse’,’ Curse’, ‘Turnip’, ‘Gecko’,’ Multihit’, and ‘Feather’, have received changes and bug fixes crucial to gameplay.
- Furthermore, the patch has also balanced and improved Runes and Charms, including the ‘Adaptive Program’, and ‘Charm of Focus’.
- Besides improving gameplay, the patch also includes fixes to problems such as Axies not being sorted correctly, instances where the game would get stuck, and bugs in Smooth Love Potion (SLP) deposits.
- Finally, to allow players to analyze their battles, the new patch update adds a share replay button where players can analyze the moves in their battle log.
On the Flipside
- Following the patch update, more crucial bugs were found in the game. Users reported bugs such as Axies turning into beasts, points turning negative, and more.
- Axie Infinity later addressed the bugs and has announced that their engineering team is working on them. Before deploying patches, most games push updates to a closed-test server to ensure everything is working. Recent events indicate that Axie Infinity may not conduct standard software quality assurance practices.
Thanks for the cool halloween update but it seems a bug in potential points is now introduced as well. My pts turned negative here. pic.twitter.com/1YGwlfOsAz— Shounen (@Shounen51449768) October 26, 2022
We are aware that all Axies now appear as Beasts in Origins after the update. Our Engineering team is working on the issue!— Axie Infinity🦇🔊 #AxieOrigins (@AxieInfinity) October 26, 2022
Why You Should Care
Bugs can be found in many games; some functions not working according to plan are common, which is why patch updates and bug fixing are important. However, Axie Infinity is one of the most played games in the Web 3.0 gaming space, and it’s important they adhere to industry standards in providing bug-free experiences to their players, especially when the game is growing at such a rapid pace.
Read about Axie Infinity’s latest Game:
Axie Infinity Releases Raylights, New Land Builder Game, and Patches and Fixes for Axie Origins