The Sandbox has jump-started its ‘Pimp My Ride’ VoxEdit contest in collaboration with ‘Dreaming Cars’, The Sandbox’s iconic car NFT collection, and Beltoise, a French race car company.
Starting October 24th, participants will be able to tweak and modify their cars using VoxEdit to compete for prizes, and earn bragging rights as the designers of the “sickest cars of the metaverse”.
The collaborative event is part of The Sandbox’s campaign to bring fun and rewarding events, quests, games, collections, and competitions to the metaverse.
Pimp My Ride: What Is the VoxEdit Contest About?
The ‘Pimp My Ride‘contest is all about proving your voxel building and mechanic skills by building the best-looking cars in VoxEdit, The Sandbox’s native voxel editing tool.
A reward pool has been put together for the event, consisting of 15,000 The Sandbox (SAND) tokens, and NFTs from the Dreaming Cars Collection, which will be split amongst the winners.
Hopeful participants must meet the following guidelines for entry:
- Assets should be original.
- Asset size should be at most 5,000 faces, and 175 nodes.
- The maximum size of an entry should not exceed a height of 512 voxels, and a floor print of 512 x 512 x 512 voxels.
- Entries should be kept family-friendly. Submissions that include sexual, racist, homophobic, or otherwise inappropriate content will be disqualified.
- Finally, low-quality entries, along with those deemed to be “spam” will also be disqualified.
You can find out more about the guidelines in the official announcement post.
Submissions for the contest will commence on October 24th, and close on November 6th at 11:59 UTC.
The voting process will begin on November 7th, following the end of the submission period, and will conclude on November 20th. The results of the contest will be announced on November 26th.
How to Submit an Entry
Here’s how users can submit their entries:
- Participants must present a GIF of their fully animated asset, preferably using ‘Gyazo’.
- To submit their entry, participants must then share their GIF in a tweet mentioning @VoxEdit, @TheSandboxGame, with the hashtag #VoxEditWeekly.
- To finalize their submission, participants can fill out a Google Form with details about their entry.
On the Flipside
- Since the contest is open to the public for anyone to join, The voting process for the contest with be held among the internal team behind The Sandbox.
Why You Should Care
The contest is part of The Sandbox’s commitment to bring exciting content to the metaverse by collaborating with brands, celebrities, and projects to produce unique, fun activities. The ‘Pimp My Ride‘ contest could play an important role in increasing community engagement by encouraging user-generated content in The Sandbox.
Read about The Sandbox’s other collaborations: