- Popular metaverse platform Decentraland has announced the launch of its upcoming Metaverse Architecture and Design Biennale.
- The metaverse platform is collaborating with Metancy and Dearch.space to host the event on January 6th.
The metaverse embassy will be the first metaverse architecture and design biennale, exhibiting various architectural pieces in the competition. Decentraland aims to welcome like-minded architects to celebrate the architectural festival and connect well-known and selected talents in the event.
The Biennale embassy envisions uniting creators from around the world to highlight the significance of architecture and design for the metaverse through their work. Decentraland will showcase bespoke architecture projects and ideas and turn into a hub for co-thinkers to formulate a vision for the future of the metaverse.
Here is key information about the event:
- Famous architecture studio Dearch.space has designed the scene for the Biennale.
- The scene for the event will be deployed in DCL at coordinates -67:10 and currently hosts a temporary promo stub.
- The Biennale will host five days of events and lectures from architecture, metaverse, and design industry leaders.
- The event expects to welcome over 50,000 visitors based on the success of Decentraland Art Week.
- Over ten expositions will be exhibited by well-known architecture and design studios worldwide.
- Additionally, ten selected artists will also showcase their exhibitions. Starting January 6th, an open call for creators has been shared to design their pavilion for the Biennale. The best-selected projects will receive a grant to build the design in the metaverse.
- The Biennale will be open to the public for one month.
The Biennale is open to everyone; users can open their browsers and dive straight in without registration. However, registered users can participate in NFT contests and receive merch from the event.
The architectural event will be a landmark for Web3 with expected headliners such as Zaha Hadid Architects, PLP Architects, BIG, and SpacesDAO, among others.
On the Flipside
- Decentraland has a history of hosting vast numbers of users through its events. In a recent similar event, Decentraland welcomed over 60,000 visitors during Art Week.
- The Metaverse Fashion Week in Decentraland hosted over 200,000 users and ranks as the most visited event in the blockchain metaverse. The event featured over 60 brands, including Tommy Hilfiger, Phillipe Plain, and more.
Why You Should Care
The metaverse has quickly become a hub for expression, creativity, and art. Architects play a significant role in building the metaverse with their exciting concepts and designs. The event will encourage like-minded creators to create in the metaverse, establish their presence, and collaborate in growing the space.
You may also like: