While Cardano (ADA) is enjoying a renaissance even when the crypto market is still in high volatility, Cardalonia, the native metaverse project of the cryptocurrency, introduces a couple of new features that should arouse interest in the metaverse among the gaming community.
What Does Cardalonia Have to Offer?
As there are many metaverses already on the blockchain, one might ask how Cardalonia differs from your typical metaverse.
- Flexible staking feature. The newly introduced staking vault brings a lot of extra benefits for gamers of Cardalonia. For instance, land sale and pre-sale tickets are available for those who want to stake their $LONIA tokens through the vault. The flexibility of staking is similar to that of Cardano Stake Pools. Also, users who choose to stake $LONIA have an opportunity to earn some passive income, which could go up as high as 20%. Even though $LONIA is not yet listed on top crypto exchanges, it’s already available for purchase on Cardalonia’s official website.
- Governance by the community. Once fully launched, the Cardalonia metaverse will become a DAO, meaning that each $LONIA will have a vote at deciding the future prospects of the metaverse. Of course, after you purchase the $LONIA token, you also have the option to buy land and hold your digital assets, as well as avatars, in the acquired plot. Currently, 1 ADA token equals 13 $LONIA.
Forthcoming 4 Types of Clans
Once the full version of the metaverse is launched, there will be 4 playable NFT clans on the metaverse. These include:
- The OGs: the beginning of Cardalonia civilization, the first aliens that discovered the new realm.
- The Royals: these are rarer than the OGs and have more abilities. They have way longer burnout times, have rare traits, but are direct descendents of the OGs.
- Peasants: these are ordinary people of the Cardalonia civilization. They can hunt and get rewards as well as complete quests. There are said to be over 225,000 peasants in the realm.
- Lords & Knights: it’s a clan similar to the Royals, but with better multiplying power. For instance, they can churn a warrior or a knight by being bred together with a peasant. However, Lords & Knights will be more common than the Royals.
There will also be plenty of opportunities for users to earn income. For example, one can rent out land or just simply mint NFTs and use them as game assets. The NFT clan doesn’t have an exact release date yet, but Cardalonia with all of its full features should be uncovered in late 2022.