- Animoca Brands’ subsidiary Tiny Tap is an upcoming platform for hosting user-generated educational games and content.
- Tiny Tap has announced plans to launch its ‘Publisher’ NFT Collection. NFTs in the collection will be linked to a series of educational games and activities created by teachers on the Tiny Tap platform, ‘Platform.’
- Six Publisher NFTs are set to be listed on OpenSea starting from November 2nd.
The launch is part of a shared effort by Animoca Brands and Tiny Tap to build an alternative Web 3.0 education system that provides greater incentives for teachers.
Play to Learn with Tiny Tap
Tiny Tap is the world’s largest educational games library, boasting more than 200,000 activities created by educators and publishers. The project aims to digitally transform the world of teaching and learning by enabling educators to earn from the content they create, and in the same way, providing learners with enhanced learning opportunities. Tiny Tap provides a code-free platform that empowers educators to create and share educational content by offering royalties when that content is used by learners.
The launch of the Publisher NFT collection represents Tiny Tap’s first step in utilizing Web 3.0 technology to establish an alternative, decentralized education platform that supports and fairly rewards teachers.
Here’s how Publisher NFTs will reward teachers:
- Each Publisher NFT holds co-publishing rights to a course created by a teacher, thereby enabling holders to directly support the education material.
- A course consists of educational games specific to a unique subject.
- As co-publishers, Publisher NFT holders are incentivized to actively participate in promoting the corresponding courses on the platform in order to share the generated revenue with the creator, via its subscription model.
- NFT holders can potentially receive up to 80% of any future revenue generated from their own marketing and publishing.
- The proceeds from the NFT sale will be shared between the relevant teachers and the platform. Moreover, teachers will be eligible to receive royalties on secondary sales, and will be further entitled to 10% of the revenue generated by their courses.
Tiny Tap is focused on decentralized education and providing a platform for educators to create interactive games. The project has worked to establish greater transparency by employing a direct-to-educator model to provide a decentralized curriculum for all ages.
By gamifying and decentralizing learning, Tiny Tap hopes to encourage creators to generate interactive and educational content for a multitude of subjects and goals, and to thereby host a platform with endless learning opportunities.
On the Flipside
- The courses and games linked to each Publisher NFT are predominantly targeted toward toddlers and young children.
Why You Should Care
Tiny Tap has introduced a new use case for NFTs by creating an NFT-driven education system that incentives teachers to create high-quality content. Tiny Tap supports teachers around the world in their efforts to teach children of all ages, empowering them to grow and build their equity in a world where teachers are undervalued, underpaid, and discriminated against.
Read what Animoca Brands’ Co-Founder has to say:
Animoca Brands’ Co-Founder Believes Web 3.0 Will Soon See “Hundreds Of Millions Of New Users”