- The company that powers the largest stablecoin by market capitalization explained that the contest seeks to inspire more people to join the digital world.
- The event, which will take place in Lugano, Switzerland, will include an in-depth debate on freedom of communication and finances.
- The prize will be divided among three ticket holders to the world’s largest forum on Bitcoin.
Tether Operations Limited, the issuing company of Tether (USDT), and the city of Lugano announced that they will be giving away 1 bitcoin (BTC) to those who purchase entry tickets for the upcoming Plan ₿ forum conference.
The event, scheduled for October 28 and 29, will be held in the picturesque Swiss city, bordering Italy. The contest states that three forum ticket holders could win up to a 1 BTC blockchain ticket prize.
“We are excited to introduce yet another way for attendees to experience the power and potential of Bitcoin while creating an engaging moment during the conference,” said Tether CTO Paolo Ardoino.
He added that by giving away one bitcoin, the company hopes to “inspire more people to join the digital economy.” The organizers believe that it is essential to educate more users to promote the long-term, widespread adoption of cryptocurrencies.
Tether reported that the Bitcoin blocks generated on the afternoon (CEST) of October 29 will be used to choose the three lucky winners. Only ticket holders who have registered in the ₿ Plan forum will be able to participate in the Bitcoin raffle.
The prize pool will be split like this: Two full-admission/cyberpunk ticket holders will be eligible to win 0.4 BTC each. The remaining 0.2 BTC will be given to the holder of a general/student ticket.
Leading intellectual figures and creators from the world of digital finance are invited to the forum. The discussion will revolve around how Bitcoin is revolutionizing the world from a social and economic point of view in the government, corporate, individual, and technological arenas.
The event will also serve to promote a broad debate on freedom of communication and finances. It will delve into various topics such as the disintermediation of finance, as well as accessibility of financial services, unbanking, and regulation.
The Plan ₿ forum is the premier Bitcoin conference that brings together the world’s leading figures in the blockchain industry, including technologists and entrepreneurs who discuss the state of BTC.
On the Flipside
- Tether did not clarify whether the current hot political debate around regulations related to algorithmic stablecoins will also be addressed during the event.
Why You Should Care
- Guest speakers include El Salvador’s ambassador to the United States, Milena Mayorga.
- Other speakers include the deputy principal investigator of the Bitcoin Policy Institute, Fadi Elsalameen, and Farida Bemba Nabourema, human rights activist and founder of the “Faure Must Go” movement in Togo.
They will discuss the true impact and potential of decentralized technologies. But there are also other equally qualified guest speakers such as Stella Assange, wife of Wikileaks founder Julian Assange, El Zonte Capital founder Max Keizer, and Cypherpunk and computer scientist Nick Szabo.
If you want to read other articles related to Bitcoin and stablecoins, you can do so at: