Greetings to the crypto world attendees as well as permanent residents,
DailyCoin flipsider is on the stage!
In today’s digest:
- Influencers soap opera: Elon Musk, Michael Saylor, and Vitalik Buterin
- Altcoin news: XRP, Tether, Chia
- South Korea moving on to crypto
- Ticket NFTs for Dynamo football club next season
- Old-school going further in crypto: Ray Dalio praises Bitcoin
Influencers Going to Influence, Aren’t They?
Can you really, as Elon Musk wishes, "speed up block time 10X, increase block size 10X & drop fee 100X" without leading to extreme centralization and compromising the fundamental properties that make a blockchain what it is?
Altcoin News: XRP, Tether, Chia
XRP Dropped Under $1, But Ripple is Shifting $72 of Coins
Whale Alert DLT platform showed that 84.6 million XRP were shifted by Ripple and major crypto exchanges in the USA and Asia. The coin itself is floating at the $1 level.
Chia Raises $61M But Critics Claim It Destroys SSDs
Ticking Bomb Still Ticks
Previously, we highlighted the main issue of Tether – it might become a “ticking time bomb,” as it was said by Vitalik Buterin. It seems that the tendency continues:
Kimchi Premium: Bitcoin Prices in South Korea are Higher Again. The Government Takes Steps to Own Digital Currency
Dynamo Kyiv Will Sell Tickets for the Upcoming Events as NFTs
Ukrainian football club announced to launch non-fungible token tickets for the 2021 season. To be precise, 25% of tickets will be sold in NFTs. The leaders of the club believe it to become a technological leader of football in Europe.
- Imagine if Ukrainian billionaires/oligarchs will swell the ranks of crypto bulls? Somebody picked up the concept from Mark Cuban and his Dallas Mavericks.
Old School Meets Crypto: Billionaire Ray Dalio Owns and Praises Bitcoin
The founder of the world’s largest hedge fund revealed that he does not only support and believes in Bitcoin but owns it as well, naming it “better than having bonds.” Furthermore, he mentioned that the “greatest risk of BTC is its success.”
- The old dilemma of old-school meets new-school continues. DailyCoin team already covered this question in this article. Unfortunately, Dalio’s example is an exception to the rule. Most of the old-school investors stay critical regarding Bitcoin.