Atari Token is an ERC-20 token created in 2020 to facilitate payments within the video game and interactive entertainment industry of Atari.
ATRI is the native crypto of Atari Chain, a subsidiary crypto company created by Atari and ICICB, which is one of the leading financial service companies in the Middle East. Atari represents one of the world’s most iconic video game brands.
State of Project
✅ ATRI is a token used to pay for products and services within the Atari online entertainment ecosystem, which includes video games, gambling, and betting platforms.
✅ Atari Chain aims to make ATRI easy to integrate directly into other developers’ games as a form of payment.
✅ ATRI is the ERC-20 utility token, built on the Ethereum blockchain.
✅ Currently, ATRI can be used for trading, staking, and playing games.
Website & Whitepaper:
❌ ATRI documentation (whitepaper, strategy, and tokenomics) is unavailable at the time of writing. One of the official websites, AtariChain.com, states that the whitepaper is being updated and will be available soon.
✅ ATRI available on Fantom blockchain from September 2021. Proof-of-stake blockchain enables faster transactions at lower transaction fees compared to Ethereum.
✅ ATRI Wallet and decentralized exchange available.
✅ Partnership with Decentral Games to launch crypto casino on Decentraland.
❌ 10% of supply (including 289M tokens burnt in January, 2021) sits in “Reserve” until December 31, 2023. Atari community will decide whether to burn them or to give the right to Atari Chain to dispose of them.
✅ Atari is building a metaverse called “Alphaverse.”
❌ No roadmap provided on official websites.
✅ The first two rounds of ATRI presale ($0.08) raised over $1.5M.
❌ The first public sale on Bitcoin.com ended with order processing, fund crediting issues and withdrawal delays. Atari went silent. ATRI price slumped from $0.16 to $0.04 soon after.
✅ 50% of Atari Chain Ltd. belongs to ICICB, a financial service company owned by Crown Prince of Dubai Sheikh Marwan Bin Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum.
✅ Licensing with CBI (Crypto Blockchain Industries, SA) for the development of blockchain-enabled virtual worlds that would integrate Atari Tokens. CBI also belongs to Chesnais.
❌ Official Atari Chain profile on LinkedIn disabled and no longer exists.
❌ Investors complain about slow customer support.
✅ Regular posts, active communities.
Max supply: 7.7 billion. Burned 289 million ATRI in January 2021.
Circulating supply: 886 million
Market Cap: $128 million
Trading Volume: 3-7 M/24h average.
✅ Listed on 25 cryptocurrency exchanges (see the full list)
✅ 18.9 K wallets hold ATRI.
✅ Around 30 wallets hold more than $1M of Atari Tokens in their accounts.
Regained initial public sale price ($0.25) 5 months after listing.
ATH of $0.78 six months after listing.
ATL of $0.002 in November 2020.
ATRI is more than 80% down from the ATH at the time of writing.
- The goal seems ambitious but realistic if Atari manages to establish solid partnerships and win its place among the competitors. The company shifted its strategy from free-to-play mobile games towards online casinos and premium gaming in 2021.
- Team leaders have career expertise in finances and business law, but there are important data points missing. We don’t know other team members behind Atari Chain. There is no official roadmap, the website has not been updated since 2020, and the whitepaper is on hold.
- ATRI falls under small market cap coins, which have the highest potential to grow in value.
- However, the risk of ATRI value falling remains if the Atari community votes not to burn almost 10% of locked ATRI tokens in 2023.
- The corporate backing for Atari Token might help ATRI stand the test of time, but the project must deal with transparency issues first to become a more sustainable form of investment.