- Some 4,000 students who participate in the educational project will learn about the benefits of a decentralized financial system based on blockchain technology.
- In the initial phase of the project, training and vocational guidance will also be offered to teachers and students on the importance of Bitcoin.
The teaching project on basic principles of cryptocurrencies, especially Bitcoin (BTC), will be launched by the Built With Bitcoin Foundation together with the NGO Bitcoin Argentina and the Paxful exchange.
Initially, some 40 secondary schools in Argentina will participate in the so-called “Schools and Bitcoin Project”, under the premise that “education at all levels is a crucial step towards the next wave of global adoption of Bitcoin”.
Its sponsors reported that this vocational guidance and training project on Bitcoin and the blockchain will be aimed at teachers, educational institutions, and students in their final years of high school, reported the criptonoticias.com site, citing a statement sent by Paxful.
The objective of the Bitcoin teaching project that will start in August is to provide training to more than 4,000 Argentine students. The next step of the project will be to organize inter-school meetings where the proposals prepared by the groups of participating students will be exhibited.
The promoters of the project want both teachers and students to understand the benefits and advantages offered by the decentralized financial system based on the Bitcoin blockchain.
A Push Towards Digital Transformation
On the other hand, "the Paxful and its allies program aims to help schools gain momentum in their digital transformation, especially so that they can adopt the uses, languages and concepts of these technologies," the statement said.
Regarding the educational program, the Institutional Development Coordinator of the NGO Bitcoin Argentina, Jimena Vallone, commented:
"All secondary schools in the country are invited to be part, to be encouraged to participate in this change that is going through the world at a dizzying pace."
To join the project, other interested educational centers should contact the NGO Bitcoin Argentina through the email [email protected] Its promoters reported that on May 5, they will offer an introductory talk via Zoom to provide more details.
On the Flipside
- 22.1% of Argentines consulted in a survey published by Paxful in the middle of last year said they “feel totally or quite confident” in using Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies.
- In addition, 67.9% of people who have made at least one transaction with cryptocurrencies stated in the study that they have confidence in crypto assets.
- 84.9% of them stated that they were willing to try new operations.
Why You Should Care
- Argentina is one of the countries with the highest adoption and use of cryptocurrencies currently in Latin America.
- Teaching about Bitcoin and blockchain in schools is sure to give a strong boost to the crypto industry in the years to come.
- Young people are the sector of the population at a global level that is most attracted to cryptocurrencies.